Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It it just me or does it happen to anyone else? People love staring at my bike, wether I'm parked or riding everyone breaks their necks to look at it. I just think it's awesome/funny at the same time. All different types of people too. On my way home today I was first at an intersection and the opposing lane was making a left hand turn and some guy was driving I think a 350z with his gf in the passenger seat and she could take her eyes off me the entire turn haha. And I wasn't doing anything but sitting there with my tinted visor down and sweatshirt on so its not like I was trying to show off or do anything to get attention. I bet she wishes her boy friend rides an FZ lmao.

Sorry for the rant but I just noticed a much larger amount of people looking at me today than any other day lol

FZ-09 FOR THE WIN!!!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
It it just me or does it happen to anyone else? People love staring at my bike, wether I'm parked or riding everyone breaks their necks to look at it. I just think it's awesome/funny at the same time. All different types of people too. On my way home today I was first at an intersection and the opposing lane was making a left hand turn and some guy was driving I think a 350z with his gf in the passenger seat and she could take her eyes off me the entire turn haha. And I wasn't doing anything but sitting there with my tinted visor down and sweatshirt on so its not like I was trying to show off or do anything to get attention. I bet she wishes her boy friend rides an FZ lmao.

Sorry for the rant but I just noticed a much larger amount of people looking at me today than any other day lol

FZ-09 FOR THE WIN!!!
Are you sure you didn't have your fly open?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Most people don't have bikes. Most women are not around bikes. Most people that have bikes have cruisers that all look the same and sound the same. When someone sees a bike that is out of their normal encounters they look twice. I get this on the rc51 a lot. And the grom, although most people who are looking at the grom are probably laughing instead of gawking.

The fz09 is very unique looking. And people hardly ever see them or know what they are.

·
Registered
511 Posts
A guy i work with when ever I ride he has to stop and stare at my bike when I'm getting off work.He just recently recieved his m/c license and has toldme numerous times he wants and FZ09 .

·
Registered
806 Posts
You mean like your sitting at the intersection and a SUV goes by with 4 women in it and their all looking at you like 4 cats watching a laser beam on the wall and there eyes all moving in unison!
Or the women in front of you starts driving faster when she notice's you behind her and act's like she wants to race?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A
You mean like your sitting at the intersection and a SUV goes by with 4 women in it and their all looking at you like 4 cats watching a laser beam on the wall and there eyes all moving in unison!
Or the women in front of you starts driving faster when she notice's you behind her and act's like she wants to race?
Haha the first choice my good friend, never the second. Atleast not that I've noticed! Lmao

Looks at the bike are great...so long as the looker is not wearing a uniform and riding in a car with a light bar on top.
I always thought they were just throwing a mobile rave party??

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I live pretty close to Deals Gap and the Cherohala skyway, and I've had several instances of Harley guys come over to the gas pump while I'm filling the bike up or in the parking lot at the D.G. store and start looking at the FZ. Most of them check it out and start talking about how much fun a bike like that would be in an area like D.G and Cherohala. Most tell me "nice bike" and be careful.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most people don't have bikes. Most women are not around bikes. Most people that have bikes have cruisers that all look the same and sound the same. When someone sees a bike that is out of their normal encounters they look twice. I get this on the rc51 a lot. And the grom, although most people who are looking at the grom are probably laughing instead of gawking.

The fz09 is very unique looking. And people hardly ever see them or know what they are.
Yes I completely agree, most people that compliment the fz just think it looks so badass compared to other bikes, and it does! That's why I bought mine because it's different. And plus I love naked bikes, don't want to be the same as everyone else with the same Gsxr, cbr, or zx r

·
Registered
144 Posts
I actually have gotten a lot of attention at bike nights on mine. Almost as much as the GSXR.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I took a short ride the other day and had a bunch of teenage kids ask me if they could ride the bike. Before I could get out of the parking lot I was turning around in some lady slammed on the brakes of her car and asked me to give her a ride. Five minutes later I was getting fuel and some kid got out of his truck, after fueling up, and told me I had a nice bike and let me know of all his aspirations of owning a motorcycle. I think the bike is something shiny and people are pack rats...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I actually have gotten a lot of attention at bike nights on mine. Almost as much as the GSXR.
I try to go to the cycle gear bike nights during the season when I can and last year before I got my FZ there was an FZ-07 there and I overheard a couple of guys talking about it like oh is that the new FZ-09? Blah blah I heard this and that blah blah, But then they were disappointed when it wasn't what they thought lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Selling my fz09 for a harley davidson Sportster. Bring on the hate. But i'm giving (2 kids = only 1 bike) up the awesome wheelie machine to do something ive always wanted to do build a costom bike from the frame. I wish all of the triple tribe the best. God bless.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Selling my fz09 for a harley davidson Sportster. Bring on the hate. But i'm giving (2 kids = only 1 bike) up the awesome wheelie machine to do something ive always wanted to do build a costom bike from the frame. I wish all of the triple tribe the best. God bless.
Why sell the FZ09? Sell one of your kids.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Why would we hate? That is a great second post!:D Make sure you buy a lot of kitty litter.You will need it:cool: Just funning' but seriously , my dad's sportster leaks like a sieve.

Reactions: GhengisT

·
Registered
64 Posts
Keep in mind as well, when you are wearing a helmet with a tinted visor, any movement of your head to the left or right looks like an exaggerated movement. Even if your turning your head to look at your glove or handlebar, the person next to you will think you are starring right at them. They are probably like "wtf is this guy looking at?!"

I try not to be rude and only stare at the hotties.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't get much attention on mine, people look, but nobody has approached me. Guess i just give off that ******* vibe.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Alot of people have asked me if the FZ is a BMW. I think it's the Yami logo on the tank that gets 'em. But there's a certain European fighter look that I believe was part of the design goal.

Where's the unlike button!?

Nothing wrong with slowing the pace, it will add years to your life :D My boss has a sportster 1200 that he absolutely loves, and he throws it around pretty well the couple times I've seen him playing. +1 on the kitty litter, I kid you not, the guy is always trying to find an oil leak. He claims he used to ride crotch rockets, but I always point out it was in an era before fuel injection & aluminum frames. Any aches or pains your joints have will be vibrated into resolve.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Somebody outside a restaurant once asked me if it was a Ducati....WTF? The tuning forks were staring him in the face.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts