Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought the Connie home from Idaho yesterday. So now have a pair of Japanese gentlemen in the garage.

1200 miles on the Connie since last Tuesday. The Rapid Red 9 had not been ridden for a week and had a tear running down its headlight.

So that's an easy fix. Grab my helmet and the key and it's off to the races!

All I can say is man the FZ is a bullet. Spending all that seat time on the big sport touring machine makes you really appreciate just how special our little 9's are. Fell in love all over again.

So as the title suggests... a guy needs at least a pair to fill up the stable.:cool:

IMG_1543.jpg IMG_1524.jpg

·
Registered
85 Posts
Agreed.. I LOVE my 01.. but, its just too heavy in the twisty stuff... getting the 09 for shorter and more spirited twisty rides.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Nice toys man!

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Different apps for different toys. Really nice to change it up when the mood strikes you. Nice pics!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Once you own 2 different bikes that serve two different functions, its almost impossible to go on in life with out having two! (At least for me it is...) Congrats on your new addition ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Congrats, HJ!
Not surprised to hear the FZ09 still turns you on.

Got out on my DR650 today
...into the N. Carolina hills
...lots of fun, but
...I'm realizing the bike actually makes me sick.

I suffer from a terrible case of motion sickness. Always have.
Since purchasing the DR650 last year...I've come back from several rides feeling nauseated.
Realized today (after another sickening ride...140mi) that the bike's pogo action and whatever else makes for an awful ride.
Not interested in spending money on the suspension.
Will see what I can do to stiffen things up a little.
Otherwise...the DR650 may need to go bye, bye.
This would leave room in the stable for another mate...to the FZ09.
Or, perhaps I'll just stick with one bike. Hmm?

Thankfully...the FZ09 suspension mods plant the bike...causing no motion sickness. Yippie!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
FZ6R is smooth as silk. The Connie must be the same....

Nice to have the second ride more planted and smooth after raising hell on the '09....Food for thought.:cool:

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
218 Posts
Congrats, HJ!
Not surprised to hear the FZ09 still turns you on.

...lots of fun, but

Since purchasing the DR650 last year...I've come back from several rides feeling nauseated.
Realized today (after another sickening ride...140mi) that the bike's pogo action and whatever else makes for an awful ride.
This would leave room in the stable for another mate...to the FZ09.
Or, perhaps I'll just stick with one bike. Hmm?

Thankfully...the FZ09 suspension mods plant the bike...causing no motion sickness. Yippie!
How much are you looking to get out of your DR?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You always need at least two bikes to appreciate them properly. My 500 Ninja is horribly slow compared to the 09, but it's still makes me smile when I take that corner just right. It's a wonderful bike for what it is... but it's not a niner!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
...lots of fun, but

Replace the DR650 with a KTM 500EXC :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Once you own 3 you can't go back. I've already got plans for a fourth and fifth. LOL
Well?? What are your plans?

I was considering selling my husky for a ktm 690 enduro/sumo and using the repsol for the track.. thats all I really want/need.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Well?? What are your plans?

I was considering selling my husky for a ktm 690 enduro/sumo and using the repsol for the track.. thats all I really want/need.
LOL... sorry. I realised as I posted that it was a bit of a teaser. ;)

Currently I have 2006 YZ250F (pure offroad), 2007 ZX6R (pure track) and 2014 FZ09 (street). I want to change the YZ for a KTM 350exc-f to kill two birds with one stone. Two sets of wheels; one set for pure dirt days and one set for enduro days. So that still leaves me with 3 bikes. A fourth would be a sport touring bike, something like a new FJR, but I don't think I could do an ST bike just yet. Fifth could be a second track bike, perhaps a new YZF-R3 or KTM 390. We have a few short tracks here that are very fun on small bikes. I love outbraking 1000's on small bikes. Used to do it all the time on my SV650.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Funny how retiring works on a guy, I added three bikes the first year I retired a lot more time for different types of riding. So cool happy for you. RR. :cool:
I'm 3½ years from retiring and this post made me smile. Wife allowing this is my plan exactly :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Brought the Connie home from Idaho yesterday. So now have a pair of Japanese gentlemen in the garage.

1200 miles on the Connie since last Tuesday. The Rapid Red 9 had not been ridden for a week and had a tear running down its headlight.

So that's an easy fix. Grab my helmet and the key and it's off to the races!

All I can say is man the FZ is a bullet. Spending all that seat time on the big sport touring machine makes you really appreciate just how special our little 9's are. Fell in love all over again.

So as the title suggests... a guy needs at least a pair to fill up the stable.:cool:

View attachment 14891 View attachment 14892

Great to see the Connie has been added. We use a Busa in the same way, but it's pretty much sat on the battery tender since the niner followed me home :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've had my FJR since 09 and it's great for for long distance spirited riding,but for shorter rides and closer to town the FZ is the bike I turn to.It also helps bring out the inner hooligan and sheer love of riding from my early days back in the 70's. Jeff

1 - 20 of 20 Posts