Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody,

Glad to join you here, have been a silent reader for quite some time and thought it would be due time for me to opt in. I am a 29 y.o. dude from Germany who thought it might be a smart idea to join motorcycle riding by getting a 847ccm as a first bike.

I decided at age 27 to do a motorcycle license - which brought me to a BMW GS 850 for the time in the driving school. After, I always wanted to go for something more "performance-ish" but not the full fairing style, so thats how i found the mighty 3-cyl naked bike class. First thoughts of getting my own bike swayed between the Triumph Street Triple and the FZ09. Luckily I got the Japanese beast, since I never had such fun coming straight from an ADV bike that felt like riding a couch around town.

My bike is a '15 FZ (MT as in "empty" - that dad joke took quite some time to settle...) 09, currently as of now fitted with an Akra exhaust with baffle (the factory line), dark purple with golden forks, adjustable levers, bar end mirrors and a k&n air filter. Concerning tires I am running Metzeler M7RR. I got it used at 10k km (6.200 miles).

Sadly vehicle inspection and emission laws are quite strict over here, so I can only dream of some mods you guys do to your bikes. Reflash would be a hardly executable dream, but I think a lot of the jerkiness in constant cruise will be gone once I adjust the throttle body, throttle free play and TPS. At least I hope so...

After all, hope to have a good time here and maybe find and give some good advice to make everyones life on our beloved fun machines better. :)

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Welcome VTV. You should enjoy your visits here and perhaps learn a thing or two. I certainly have.
Please don't hesitate to share photos and any other experiences with your 09.
Thanks for your pleasant introduction so now let the adventure begin!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Willkommen mein Freund! Enjoy your MonsTah-09!

Reactions: videoticvillager
1 - 4 of 4 Posts