Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Fault Code 3 is the color fault code -- goes off frequently if you didn't choose Rapid Red.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
^^^^^ Totally off the topic, but pretty darn funny! :cool:

Reactions: Lee Drew

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i remembered there was a post about this error code somewhere on the forum...

this happened to me over the weekend. i'd been riding the whole day - pulled over and shut the bike off to take a leak in the woods. turned it back on, hit the starter and it cranked but didn't start or even fire. odd as i've never had a hot start problem before. hit the starter again - same futile cranking. then the dash showed 'sd__19'.

turned key off, back on, and the bike fired right up and ran fine afterwards. went into diagnostics mode and 19 was recorded in the fault code history which i then cleared.

bike has 17.5k miles and the sidestand switch bypassed since day one.

classifying this as a glitch, for now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This only happens when I start my bike after I've been riding. Not a cold start
Mine does this when my ignition is not fully engaged. ie. I didnt turn the key all the way "on". If that makes sense? I did it accidentally today for the first time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i remembered there was a post about this error code somewhere on the forum...

this happened to me over the weekend. i'd been riding the whole day - pulled over and shut the bike off to take a leak in the woods. turned it back on, hit the starter and it cranked but didn't start or even fire. odd as i've never had a hot start problem before. hit the starter again - same futile cranking. then the dash showed 'sd__19'.

turned key off, back on, and the bike fired right up and ran fine afterwards. went into diagnostics mode and 19 was recorded in the fault code history which i then cleared.

bike has 17.5k miles and the sidestand switch bypassed since day one.

classifying this as a glitch, for now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts