Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of my Anthracite/Blurple brethren, ever since I first saw an FZ09 with the Ermax seat cowl I have been searching the entirety of the inter-webs for an image of the Anthracite cowl with no luck, so I just decided to pull the trigger and bought one sight unseen from Motomachines.com. After being on back order for 3 weeks it arrived today and I have to say I am very impressed with the color match and quality of the piece.

IMG_2484.jpg IMG_2486.jpg

·
Registered
233 Posts
That seat..... :p Your cowl looks great, but the star of these photos is that seat.... That looks amazing.

Just checked out Seth's website and it looks like he does some amazing work. If you don't mind telling, I am thinking about sending him and email... How much should I expect to pay for him to construct a seat similar to yours?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That seat..... :p Your cowl looks great, but the star of these photos is that seat.... That looks amazing.

Just checked out Seth's website and it looks like he does some amazing work. If you don't mind telling, I am thinking about sending him and email... How much should I expect to pay for him to construct a seat similar to yours?
I think I paid around $300, and he works with you on what you want specifically out of the seat, he shaped and padded it for my height and weight and covered it using bomber brown vinyl at my request

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
For all of my Anthracite/Blurple brethren, ever since I first saw an FZ09 with the Ermax seat cowl I have been searching the entirety of the inter-webs for an image of the Anthracite cowl with no luck, so I just decided to pull the trigger and bought one sight unseen from Motomachines.com. After being on back order for 3 weeks it arrived today and I have to say I am very impressed with the color match and quality of the piece.

View attachment 15384 View attachment 15385
FZcruisin, can you post a pic without the seat cowl, so I can see the whole seat. Man that seat look great!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think I paid around $300, and he works with you on what you want specifically out of the seat, he shaped and padded it for my height and weight and covered it using bomber brown vinyl at my request
Not bad! Thanks for the info. Sorry to take away from your new cowl haha. Your bike looks awesome!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I got the same seat from Seth LAAM in Black Carbon Fiber, he makes a great quality product.....

I'm liking the idea of that cowl to add to mine - but not sure how the Satin Grey looks.... I need Matte Silver
They need more pictures of the colors...

Nice color seat OP...

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I got the same seat from Seth LAAM in Black Carbon Fiber, he makes a great quality product.....

I'm liking the idea of that cowl to add to mine - but not sure how the Satin Grey looks.... I need Matte Silver
They need more pictures of the colors...

Nice color seat OP...
Here is a picture of the satin gray/black option to get an idea of how the satin gray color would look:
seat-cover-ermax.jpg

Another color Ermax is sort of flirting around with is the "light gray" which can be seen below:
capot-de-selle-ermax-gris-clair-yamaha-mt-09-2014-15.jpg
Not sure if this would be an exact match to yours, though wouldn't be too hard to get it over here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello MotoMachine, I recently brought Deep Armour (Purple). From your website, I can see two options for the seat cowl, "Purple & Black" and "Metallic Purple".

Which one should I be getting?

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Hello MotoMachine, I recently brought Deep Armour (Purple). From your website, I can see two options for the seat cowl, "Purple & Black" and "Metallic Purple".

Which one should I be getting?
Well that depends on the color scheme you're looking for! The purple & black option will have a two-toned color pattern, while the metallic purple will be purple throughout. Both options would match to the 'deep armour', however.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts