Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to make this post to give others a better idea on this windscreen. I personally do a lot of 6+ hour rides and wanted a little wind protection.

I ordered mine smoked from motomachines.com on 2/3 for $116.13 and recieved it on 2/10.

The overall quality is ok. The bracket holes did not really align perfectly. As for doing its job it does it well! I have had the bike up to 100mph with no shakes. There is also a real noticeable wind deflection with this. Doing 80-85mph has a lot less strain on the upper body. The color on the other hand looks nothing like a smoked screen.

Click to enlarge pictures....Fender eliminator is graves. Just in case you are curious.
rr5a.jpg
j8j0.jpg
slns.jpg
ffl6.jpg
1u70.jpg

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks for posting this. It's nice being able to see what it looks like on our bikes. I'm hanging on for mine to arrive and hope it does the job. If I don't like it, at least with posts like yours I know I've got options. Ditto eolith btw, but at least you're not getting beat up by the wind anymore. I see your in Albuq. I'm in Las Cruces and it's currently 76 degrees. I'm going for a ride!!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey Eva,are you rubbin in that 76 degrees?you outa,one advantage of living in the Southwest.
I really like the looks and fit of the 33cm Ermax.25cm wasn't doing it for me.
I got tired of waiting on Twisted Throttle's MRA line from Europe(now pushed back to middle March)
So I sprang for Powerbronze in the same 330 mm.I'm thinking that's the right compromise.(25 cm too little and 38cm too much)
$140 shipped,it's a bit more but I like the wider stance,than the Yamaha hole-to-hole distance to add support
when adding height.Looks like Ermax did the same.Thinking smart move/design.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I like it. I like it more than any other so far. I'm going to hold out for Zero Gravity though, just in case, but this is a front runner for sure.

The color though.... I may need to make another color choice, though I like smoke. Just not this smoke.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Nice! 100 mph ? Your ready for the isle of man. Haha
I can't believe they call that a smoked screen. I want to get a screen and have been looking st that emax 33 centimeter unit. So fit is not ideal. Wonder if you can actually get a smoked screen?

·
Registered
389 Posts
As posted in another thread.

That is their "Smoke"
I understand it's different than the "Smoked" we're used to, but when I give it some thought, smoke does look that color hahaha. Anyway, you'd probably be looking at the Light Black, which I believe is the one they show on their site.

Like the style regardless!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for the pics, been waiting to see more angles of this one. Not too sure which direction I'm going yet, this one is nice, not too sure about in that color though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the pics, been waiting to see more angles of this one. Not too sure which direction I'm going yet, this one is nice, not too sure about in that color though.
Ya, I am feeling out the color for a little bit. I have a spray can of a tint that is made for tail lights. That should do the trick if I want it more of a black/gray.

Eva, Glad one of us got to actually enjoy the weather today!

Reactions: Niner

·
Registered
315 Posts
When I was looking at the 25cm vs the 33cm windscreen, the side view made the 33cm, look odd...too bubbly?
Seeing it mounted on the bike, has changed my mind. Maybe I will get a 33cm, and switch back and forth with my 25cm, the brackets appear to be the same.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
With the exception of the color that looks excellent! I think I like it better that the 25, it looks to be a good balance between big enough to make a difference, but small enough to look good.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I also went 33....dark black....looks good...
As to my opinion on it's aerodynamics. I hope to give a report tomorrow.
Weather's finally forecasted to make it possible....

·
Registered
554 Posts
Wow that looks great I think. I'd probably paint it darker too, but it looks like its going to be more effective than the yamaha windscreen.

Daniel

·
Registered
233 Posts
Got in a hunert+ miles today....still feeling the bike out but I can attest that the 33cm flyscreen is a good investment!
Picked up a few compliments on the looks also...
Wind was almost non-existent while cruising at 75-85mph...before was like a hurricane!
note: I'm about 5'8"

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I got the light black color. It is the one the company used in their advertisement.

It looks pretty dark but you still can see through it.

Regarding the wind protection, it cuts the wind from about your arm pits down. Not dramatic but a nice little reduction.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Any problems with wind buffeting your helmet with the 33cm? I have the 25cm, but I might purchase the 33cm too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts