Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys got my screen today so here are my opions, first off the quality and fit and finish are first class it only took minutes to install and fit perfect. I got the dark smoke and it looks great and covers all the exposed wires from the guages. I was able to do 56 miles on a perfect motorcycle afternoon 60 degrees bright sun and no wind. I was disappointed in the wind protection as there isn't alot of difference in wind blast at 75mph but on the possitive side it didn't cause any noticable wind buffeting at speed. I think anyone looking for wind protection would be better off with the taller screen which is what I will do for multi day rides. I think we would all agree if total comfort was what we wanted we would have a gold wing, naked bikes are what they are and without a front fairing wind protection is not going to be great no matter what screen we use. I am 5ft 9in tall and weigh 180lbs if this helps with how the screen will work for you. RR:cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just got mine as well. Got light black from motomachines.com

Looks great, looks more like a medium black under the sun. Good finish. No ride report yet.

Tableware Metal Helmet Personal protective equipment Glass Windshield Motorcycle helmet Text Vehicle Car Race car Family car Auto part Ceiling Light Lighting Light fixture Room

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
This is by far the nicest one made for the FZ09. I went a different route with the Puig. Just a bit taller and absolutely lovely riding alone. I rode with my wife the other day and every time she was moving her head mine was following. So 2up your screen might be better... aline mine was top notch even at 90. Nuce flow around the helmet.

Maybe the taller one might be better?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One thing I forgot to mention was I have the seat concepts seat which changes the riding position some , it is a little taller in front and dished a little more in the rear I don't know how much effect this has but with air flow little changes can make a huge defference. For me the way it looks is worth the price and it will work great for day rides and the motorcycle events I attend but a taller screen is on my radar. RR:cool:

·
Registered
473 Posts
How tall us the PUIG screen you got. Can't decide between the ermax or puig.
This is by far the nicest one made for the FZ09. I went a different route with the Puig. Just a bit taller and absolutely lovely riding alone. I rode with my wife the other day and every time she was moving her head mine was following. So 2up your screen might be better... aline mine was top notch even at 90. Nuce flow around the helmet.

Maybe the taller one might be better?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
330mm. Its not bolt on... suppose to fit the FZ1N. I really dig the screen but Puig told me it wasn't available anymore. I found one in the UK for $80 with shipping. I mod the bracket and bang!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hi guys got my screen today so here are my opions, first off the quality and fit and finish are first class it only took minutes to install and fit perfect. I got the dark smoke and it looks great and covers all the exposed wires from the guages. I was able to do 56 miles on a perfect motorcycle afternoon 60 degrees bright sun and no wind. I was disappointed in the wind protection as there isn't alot of difference in wind blast at 75mph but on the possitive side it didn't cause any noticable wind buffeting at speed. I think anyone looking for wind protection would be better off with the taller screen which is what I will do for multi day rides. I think we would all agree if total comfort was what we wanted we would have a gold wing, naked bikes are what they are and without a front fairing wind protection is not going to be great no matter what screen we use. I am 5ft 9in tall and weigh 180lbs if this helps with how the screen will work for you. RR:cool:
Do you think that extra 8 cm in height will make a difference. If I'm not getting any wind protection then I just leave it naked.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I received my Ermax 25 CM flyscreen today. I also bought the Ermax radiator covers.

Haven't ridden with them yet but I am planning to ride to work tomorrow.

I am not totally sold on the look of the flyscreen. I think it is missing something....

I like the scoops. Finish is just bare ABS.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Digging the scoop. I'll put that on the list for a bit later. I agree. Uts a very nice screen well built but miss something. Thats why I went with the other option.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I raced CRs from 87 to 93 just couldn't get along with the alu frame, I realy think a taller screen is the way to go from now on there should be alot more aftermarket parts comming along so I will take my time for the next one. RR:cool:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I began to think things were looking familiar in that garage!! Those radiator scoops look really good; I better do my taxes and get to orderin!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts