Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see quite a bit of talk about track days, and they sound fun. However, I have no idea what it actually is, how to get involved, where to go, who to ask...you get the picture.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'd try to find out if there's a speedway/raceway near your area that has sponsored track days.

One of the best ways is to go out to your local dealer that carries supersport bikes (like Yamaha) and ask about it. They usually will have connections with someone that sponsors or they might sponsor days themselves.

From there, someone should be able to help you walk through it. Most track's have a website that'll have some details on what is required to get started.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Best thing to do like they said, find a local event and go hang out for the day. See how it goes and if this is something for you. Talk to some of the instructor and ask questions. I would say you don't need to be a speed racer but need to be riding for a little bit and have all the basic skills covered. Then prep your bike and have fun. Just like any days you ride... don't get over your head and keep the rubber down.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I see quite a bit of talk about track days, and they sound fun. However, I have no idea what it actually is, how to get involved, where to go, who to ask...you get the picture.
Find The Track closest to you and give them a call. You'll find they require specific "Leather Gear" and specific Bike Prep -- it's on my Bucket List, but it's one of those thing...Easier said than done.

Marthy above has a Great suggestion to eyeball a Track Day for a Basic/Novice Group to see if it's for you...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts