Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So let me caveat this by saying I have done some modifications to my '16 XSR900. The relevant ones I believe could be a full Arrow Exhaust system and a Rapid Bike Adaptive Fuel Management System.

Onto the problem:

Bike was running great with above said modifications installed for about 1000 miles and no issues. I had the typical "Check Engine Light" problem so I brought my bike into the shop. Got the bike back and they told me they "did an ECU update". Now, my bike idles right about 1000 - 1100 rpm seemingly normal, then bam, it jumps up to 5000-8000 rpm's and stays there for a minute, then drops back down to normal. Same thing happens while riding, in almost any gear. Sometimes it's just a quick bump up, other times it will stay there and I'll pull the clutch in and shut the bike off, then turn it back on and the same thing is still happening. I had one time, and only once so far, where the throttle didn't respond at all. I was stopped at a red light, dropped it into first to set off and nothing, no response. Went up to second, same thing. Shut the bike off, then on again, and everything worked again. I thought that maybe the adaptive fuel management system was causing an issued because it was set up to how I had been riding the previous 1000 miles when everything was fine and now that they did an ECU flash maybe the mapping wasn't jiving, but when I set that all back to 0 like when it was first installed, it didn't fix or change the problem.

My Guess:

Something to do with the Throttle Position Sensor? My next step is to take the Fuel Management System completely off and see if that fixes it but I don't see how it would since I set it all to 0. At that point it should have just been the base, stock mapping Yamaha installs. Any help or guidance into the right direction would be greatly appreciated. At this point, I'm lost and scared to ride my bike, which makes me sad.

Nolan Dick IMG_20170414_103043_1492290903976.jpg IMG_20170414_102203_1492290925260.jpg

·
Registered
129 Posts
Let me be the first to say, I dig that Army green and the tan seat with the diamond stitching!! My guess would be the fuel management system you have on the bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha I'll get right on that Ricky.

Also, I would agree that it could be the fuel management system but when I set that back to nothing shouldn't it be working normal then?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts