Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never been around another FZ-09 other than mine.

Does anyone else's bike have a high pitched whiney sound during startup. Once the bike warms up, it goes away.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Hard to really understand what you mean - perhaps you can upload a video?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Does anyone else's bike have a high pitched whiney sound during startup. . .
It might be sad. Give it a good hug before startup and a pat on the tank. That worked for me!

Reactions: Nickel

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have never been around another FZ-09 other than mine.

Does anyone else's bike have a high pitched whiney sound during startup. Once the bike warms up, it goes away.
Mine does the exact same thing, and every fz09 and fj09 I have heard makes the same noise. From what I have been told it is the CCT. My dealership has offered to fix it for free I just have to let them work on it for 2 hours.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mine does the exact same thing, and every fz09 and fj09 I have heard makes the same noise. From what I have been told it is the CCT. My dealership has offered to fix it for free I just have to let them work on it for 2 hours.
CCT sounds more like a Tick-tick-tick-tick kinda noise

·
Registered
673 Posts
My fuel pump has a whine, but I only notice it at low speeds.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Normal, besides when it's warm you're probably wearing earplugs.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's a loud engine. I'm slowly going deaf to at the noises it makes:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
How long does it sound like this for? My fuel pump is loud when it is priming, but I never start it until its done priming. Not sure how it sounds if you turn the key and start immediately, but only lasts for about 2-3 seconds. Just something to consider

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Some parts' clearances (piston to cylinder, cam to follower, etc.) are set loose to take into account expansion when the motor is warm so there may more motor noise when cold.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts