Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the Mccruise or D2D electronic cruise control module? I currently have the crampbuster and GoCruise (and tried the Atlas) cruise control products but I'm looking for something realistic. I want something that properly maintains speed, reacts to brake\throttle response and can precisely control speed. Before I shell out the $500 purchase price I was hoping to get some real-life feedback from fellow riders that had experience with it. I'm strongly considering either investing in this bike and adding the remaining creature comforts I feel it's lacking (heated grips and cruise control) as well as improving suspension OR purchasing a BMW S1000R (insurance is substantially higher on the BMW vs the FZ09 or even the MT10 - which, is a contender, but is also lacking all of the aforementioned options except cruise control). Since I have a few grand invested into the 09 already, I'd prefer to continue modding the bike into the 'perfect' bike for me but am apprehensive about adding the cruise control without getting some form of input. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've really been considering the MT10 for the past 2-3 months. One of the main reason is for the cruise control. It is so nice on long commute or when touring the bike.

Waiting for 2019 to see if there's a new gen coming

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I miss the electronic cruise on my FZ-10, but am pretty happy with my present Kaoko throttle lock. Granted it doesn’t do what the OP is looking for, but it’s way better than nothing.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I miss the electronic cruise on my FZ-10, but am pretty happy with my present Kaoko throttle lock. Granted it doesn’t do what the OP is looking for, but it’s way better than nothing.
why did you switch from the fz10 to the fz09 if you don't mind me asking?
I've never rode on a fz10 (hopefully, I will this year at the annual test ride). Is it because the fz09 feels more aggressive (triple, throttle, etc..) in the low range or another reason?

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I actually went from an FZ-09 to an FZ-10 and then to a BMW F700GS which I have now. I enjoyed both of the FZs and was very happy with the upgrade provided by the FZ-10. It, to me, was worth the extra money. The crossplane 4 was superb. My problem was the roads around my area. At 69 years old, I prefer not getting slammed by dips and potholes, not to mention the irregular slab heights on our freeways. My wife and I just took our car out to Rapid City on vacation. Roads in Minnesota and South Dakato felt like glass by comparison. I hated to give up sport bikes, but got the ADV style bike mainly for its suspension. At 7” travel with a 19” front wheel, it soaks up potholes like they don’t exist. The rides are still spirited and fun. I’ve ridden some local twisties with a friend who drives a sportbike and managed to keep up just fine. I also haven’t been clocked at 130 mph + with it either. Win-win for me. I miss the FZs and if our highways were better, I’d still be riding the -10. I’m certain you’ll be impressed with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts