Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have a 2016 XSR. It's got 3500 miles on it. I've had it on a battery tender. Ever since I bought it new in 2016. It sat
in the garage for the past 2 years beacuse I have to have 3 different surgeries on both arms. I tried to start theis past December and realized the battery had been used up time for a new battery . The ran fine til I garage it. I bought a new lithium ion battery and put it in the bike turned the key on and the only light on the dash that came on was the green neutral light came on. Nothing from the starter, no fuel pump noise, no horn. I had a second battery same thing happened green neutral light came on, no start. I checked fuses on the seat main fuse was goone the other were good as well, I checked fuses on the frames in front of the fuel tank on the right side those are all good.
I could really use some suggerstions. I did a search above and didn't come across any related issues.
Thank You for reading
Randy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rough guess is your battery is in wrong way round. The original battery needed to be on its side to be in the right orientation. Positive battery terminal to the front
Just a theory.

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
If the bike has been in a garage for two years totally untouched you might want to pull the tank off and look for vermin damage. In fact you need to inspect all the wires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rough guess is your battery is in wrong way round. The original battery needed to be on its side to be in the right orientation. Positive battery terminal to the front
Just a theory.
Does the green neutral light flicker or go out at all when you press the starter button?
The Green light stays on does not flicker at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a theory.
Battery is hooked up correctly plus to plus , neg to neg. I put a battery meter(checks the health of battery) it says the battery is hooked up correctly and battery is good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the bike has been in a garage for two years totally untouched you might want to pull the tank off and look for vermin damage. In fact you need to inspect all the wires.
I have started doing that. The last thing I did to the bike was install a led headlight. I turned it on and the headlight came on. However with the massive bunch of wires in the headlight. I'll open that up next and look through those wires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts