Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
except it overheats after a few minutes!...and they dial back the torque delivery to PREVENT wheelies!...ugh. I think these E-bikes still have a ways to go...we need cheaper, smaller batteries, and more power-dense motors.

I bet in 10-20yrs the e-bikes (and cars) will be out of control!

·
Registered
518 Posts
In most cases, like with most electronics, the limiting factor is batteries. A battery with a decent capacity, a good discharge rate, a decent weight, and a long lifespan...doesn't really exist.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Palomar:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Save the planet....until you have to replace the batteries. haha

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
In most cases, like with most electronics, the limiting factor is batteries. A battery with a decent capacity, a good discharge rate, a decent weight, and a long lifespan...doesn't really exist.
I've heard there's some research into a high discharge capacitor/battery hybrid of sorts. At constant (low load) speeds it uses the battery... when you want power NOW it taps the capacitors. The only downside is waiting for the caps to recharge so you can get full power acceleration again. Would be cool if someone could make it work and make it affordable. Zero looks to be on the right track thou... can't wait for the technology to fully mature and become commonplace so the price will come down. Do you want a Zero SR or a Super Duke? They're about the same price right now. :scratch:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Screw the greenies! But the idea of riding a stealth wheelie down my HOA-nazi neighborhood in the middle of the day seems pretty damn appealing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts