Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Yes, I worked with them on the R&D. This is the first and only as of today fuel controller available for he FZ-09. The FZ-09 fuel curve is quite nice right out of the box. So unless you want to hit the track (flashtune) this controller is all you ever need. I will get the latest version sometime next week with the O2 sensor jam. That will offset the O2 sensor and cheat the ECU to run a bit more rich in close loop (ECO mode). That will get ride of the last bit of throttle tweak that I wasn't able to fix with the previous version. You can either get it from them or me.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
The jerkiness like you call it comes from being lean for emission... The fuel controller adjust the fuel map for better rlthrottle response and power.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't mind the response in any area except the point from throttle fully closed.
If the jerkiness comes from being lean, is the mixture richer in B mode?

The jerkiness like you call it comes from being lean for emission... The fuel controller adjust the fuel map for better rlthrottle response and power.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Not richer but the throttle don't open as fast as the mode STD or A. So you don't feel the on/off throttle as bad. 70% of the improvement is in the range you are talking about. Once the O2 sensor signal will be offset, the bike will run super smooth. Its already 80% better now and the close loop still running 14.7:1 Once that tune in the 13.8 or so the throttle will be perfect.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Not richer but the throttle don't open as fast as the mode STD or A. So you don't feel the on/off throttle as bad. 70% of the improvement is in the range you are talking about. Once the O2 sensor signal will be offset, the bike will run super smooth. Its already 80% better now and the close loop still running 14.7:1 Once that tune in the 13.8 or so the throttle will be perfect.

Will the controller be sent with the buyers choice of tune already loaded (stock exhaust or "Marthy" exhaust) that you developed riding the bike, and setting up the tune stock, and modified? In other words: Buyer gets tuner plugs it in and WOW, no snatch, feels great, maybe a little better all around. Or buyer plugs it in and goes to see a dyno tuner to get it dialed in. And yes, I know you'll get the best results setting each bike up individually on a dyno, I just don't want the extra expense. Especially since I'm located just a few hundred feet above sea level, and since you're in Florida, I bet you are too.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
This controller is much easier to tune than a PCV. PCV need to be program tps/rpm base. Its like a hudlge excel spreadsheet. EJK tuner is load base. Low, med and WOT. So you have the green zone that represent the cruising range, the yellow represent part throttle acceleration and red zone is WOT. I will post the setting somewhere and include them with the tuner... or just inbox me with your setup and we will figure it out. The controller can be program with 3 buttons. Once you start the bike the controller turn on. Hit thr menu button then +/- to set the 8 LED display to the setting you need. At the most it will take you 30 sec. to do and figure out.
So the stock kap is done and my exhaust is done. So that should be a good start to a wide range of exhaust and like you said... if you want 100% tune a good dyno run migut be the way to go... and still. The setting I came up with my LCD-200/Autotune feep better than what I got on the dyno.

On a stock exhaust when I was blipping tye throttle in fisrt gear tye front end was coming up... now it does it in 2nd gear @ 5K rpm. :)

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
You can order through my website. Wait until Monday so I can find out about the final price of the new controller with the O2 sensor offset.

·
Registered
300 Posts
This controller is much easier to tune than a PCV. PCV need to be program tps/rpm base. Its like a hudlge excel spreadsheet. EJK tuner is load base. Low, med and WOT. So you have the green zone that represent the cruising range, the yellow represent part throttle acceleration and red zone is WOT. I will post the setting somewhere and include them with the tuner... or just inbox me with your setup and we will figure it out. The controller can be program with 3 buttons. Once you start the bike the controller turn on. Hit thr menu button then +/- to set the 8 LED display to the setting you need. At the most it will take you 30 sec. to do and figure out.
So the stock kap is done and my exhaust is done. So that should be a good start to a wide range of exhaust and like you said... if you want 100% tune a good dyno run migut be the way to go... and still. The setting I came up with my LCD-200/Autotune feep better than what I got on the dyno.

On a stock exhaust when I was blipping tye throttle in fisrt gear tye front end was coming up... now it does it in 2nd gear @ 5K rpm. :)

Ok, thanks, you'll post your settings so people can use that as a baseline. I saw that it was adjustable similar to the PC-lll I had on a previous bike. Although it looked like you could adjust the fuel in 500rpm increments.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a chance today to really test this tuner.
It came from Marthy with it set for stock intake/exhaust....my bike.
Jerkiness from anywhere above idle is a none issue now. I never thought it was that bad from the factory.

My complaint was from closed to open throttle. Braking with throttle closed, lean her over, get back on the gas and JERK....ruins my Rossi imitation.
With the unit in place there is no jerk IF the throttle is opened smoothly and in small increments. The bike will jerk if I apply heavy throttle from closed but not near like it did before.
If the bike came stock like this, I would have adapted myself to it and thought nothing of it. Marthy is pointing me towards where to adjust the tuner to try to remove the big throttle jerk. I think it is a matter of time before I get all the jerk/snatchiness worked out!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On a closed course I was able to see that clutchless wheelies are easier now.
Have not done enough testing to back this up but it seems like the clutched ones are easier too!

·
Registered
300 Posts
On a closed course I was able to see that clutchless wheelies are easier now.
Have not done enough testing to back this up but it seems like the clutched ones are easier too!
Glad to hear it's working nicely, if I ever put a pipe on mine I'll get the EJK that Marthy helped develop.

Loves me some wheelie action, ride that bitch like you stole it.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Glad it all worked out. Keep in mind that I tuned it to work well in Florida. So if you live in higher altitude that might require some massaging. But the controller is very easy to adjust. All you need to do is stop on the side of the road, pop the seat off and start your bike and adjust the settjngs and go... no PC.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts