Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I must have missed something, did not realize Stoltec is no longer offering a reflash.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
What happened to Stoltec ? Why is he out ?
someone cried and talked crap......specifically FZ09Jeff....
cant say as I blame Nick one bit....he did a lot of great things for us and then has to defend himself over it..I would have closed up shop too.....

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
cant say as I blame Nick one bit....he did a lot of great things for us and then has to defend himself over it..I would have closed up shop too.....
I don't blame him either - just a note he's not closing shop - just not offering ECU flashes after 7/12. He's also not dropping customer support - he specified current customers would still receive support.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I'm shipping mine tomorrow. I'll watch the video but Still concerned about being able to remove it from my bike w/o taking the entire bike apart....:sad5:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I'm shipping mine tomorrow. I'll watch the video but Still concerned about being able to remove it from my bike w/o taking the entire bike apart....:sad5:
It's simple. Get someone to hold the tank up for you and you don't even need to disconnect any hoses. Remove all the plastic bits from the front and sides of the tank, remove the two 10mm bolts from each of the front tank mounts, remove the 4mm hex head bolts from the back of the tank. Have someone lift the tank up and back. Unclip the two top clips off the ECU, slide it out to the side of the bike and unplug the connectors. Gently place the tank back down and leave it until you get your ECU back.

·
Registered
377 Posts
He's out because the forum has seen a sharp increase in the number of whiney bitches View attachment 7353
It's a damn shame for sure. don't troll in a vendor thread. Make your own rant thread. A reflash was/is on my list of things to do in the coming year. However a new rear shock is higher on the priority list for me, so he'll still get money from me. (once I convince myself that I can afford the 'best' shock he sells)

·
Registered
150 Posts
He's out because the forum has seen a sharp increase in the number of whiney bitches View attachment 7353
Just went through and read all of the pages... gotta love how a couple douchebags spoil it for the bunch. I still feel there might be additional reasons why Nick is throwing in the towel on reflashes, but it's safe to say that FZ09Jeff and the cheap bastards that agree with him played a role. Shame since I wanted to get the Stoltec reflash down the road when I was ready.

Reactions: mrugeFZ-09

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
It's simple. Get someone to hold the tank up for you and you don't even need to disconnect any hoses. Remove all the plastic bits from the front and sides of the tank, remove the two 10mm bolts from each of the front tank mounts, remove the 4mm hex head bolts from the back of the tank. Have someone lift the tank up and back. Unclip the two top clips off the ECU, slide it out to the side of the bike and unplug the connectors. Gently place the tank back down and leave it until you get your ECU back.
+1, you definitely can pull the ECU without completely removing the tank

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
+1, you definitely can pull the ECU without completely removing the tank
I was pleasantly surprised that it took only 10 minutes to get it out. 10 minutes that would have been 5 if I wasn't chatting with my buddy and taking my time while doing it. haha... Putting it back in will take quite a bit longer because I'll do the TPS "mod" before closing things up and might synch the TB's too.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Someone said there's a video illustrating exact how to remove the ECU. Who's got the film.......???

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I don't blame him either - just a note he's not closing shop - just not offering ECU flashes after 7/12. He's also not dropping customer support - he specified current customers would still receive support.

Yeah, my bad..closing shop was just a figure of speech in reference to him not doing any new flashes.....in retrospect, I should have chosen a better one...:)
I do still need to sort out my forks, and he will certainly be getting my money when I decide to do it

·
Registered
45 Posts
Having dealt with Nick personally, he is a businessman that sets the bar to which others will follow........ I believe in his product and phenomenal service. You can check out his web site for my comments "on what people are saying" ...Products | StoltecMoto and I stand by those words to this day !!

I for one will always back the "little" guy who provides the best products and services, even if they cost a little more.....!
The bonus part is Nick is one of "US", he owns and rides an FZ-09, and knows what we "the consumer" want and what the "bike" needs through his own efforts as an enthusiast.

If you haven't don't the flash do it before it is too late....... believe me you will not be disappointed.

I am in the process of saving up for suspension mods........ life's financial responsibilities have gotten in the way recently , but I am hoping to do complete suspension upgrade over the winter. And Nick will be getting that business.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts