Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a shop that is qualified to reflash the ECU for a 2015 FJ-09? The bike is severely speed-limited from the factory. I've read that power is reduced in the top 3 gears, and the top speed is held to 110 mph, supposedly due to stability concerns at high speed with factory luggage installed. (The reasoning is still in question, but Euro bikes are either unlimited, or limited to 135 mph, and the Europeans are not offered the factory hard bags).

I've read that 2wheeldynoworks in Wash state is planning to gin up a map and offer flashing, supposedly for $350 plus postage/insurance to mail the ECU.

Does anyone know of any other shops that are planning to offer ECU reflashes for this bike? The ECU is different than the FZ-09, as the features differ, so I don't think I can expect a shop that has flashed FZ-09 ECU's to be able to flash an FJ-09 ECU.

Any info out there?

·
Registered
442 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm one good gullywasher rainstorm away from taking my first ride on my FJ-09. It shouldn't take very long to find out if it is limited to 110 or 115. I've read reports with both numbers. (I refuse to ride a new bike in slo, sand, and SALT, whicj still covers the roadways here in Minneapolis. hence the need for a rainstorm).

·
Registered
290 Posts
VCycleNut is now selling his flash for the FJ-09! 1/2 the price of the others available and offers the same or better tuning option. If the FJ flash is good as the FZ then it is a must buy for very sensitive FJ-09 bikes.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Ivans does good work....he is not the cheapest, but he is also not doing it out of his garage as a hobby .....its his full time job and he has been doing it for many many years

Ivan's Performance Products

Im not sure if he does the FJ though...give him a call

·
Registered
155 Posts
A guy I know had the first flash from vcyclenut. He likes it a lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It would be really nice to have the input of someone who has experience with both.

So far, everyone is very definitive about which is the best but has only tried one or the other.

·
Registered
187 Posts
and over 500 with the stoltec/2wheeldynoworks flash... its amazing how cheap these forums are, barely been a year and it seems everyone forgets the name of stoltec and 2wdw who pioneered these flashes from the beginning.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I've been in touch with him and it's coming. I used his stuff on my FZ1's.

The FJ flash is ready at Ivan's....I would expect it to be just as good as his FZ flash, which means hands down, its the one to get.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts