Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get my ECU re flashed and just looking for some input from anyone who has had it done, I beleive the two main contenders are ECU west and extreme creations, any info would be great guys, there also seem to be a great price difference between the two. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are both based in Australia.

·
Registered
251 Posts
ECUWest (Darren) did a cracking job. I was the guinea pig for this flash.

Prompt turn around, good service & most importantly, the flash did everything it was advertised to do.

Well worth the $.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ECUWest (Darren) did a cracking job. I was the guinea pig for this flash.

Prompt turn around, good service & most importantly, the flash did everything it was advertised to do.

Well worth the $.
Was your bike standard when you had the flash done or did you have after market exhaust and a high flow air filter ?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Was your bike standard when you had the flash done or did you have after market exhaust and a high flow air filter ?
It was stock. This was the 1st mod I had done.
I wanted to make the bike run as well as it could as a base platform before adding performance mods to it.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Never had him flash a bike for me, but since I'm in Sydney, and he's cheaper, I'd get extreme creations to do my next one..
He builds turbo kits for MT's, has buit at least a dozen turbo bikes that I know of, including working on the dyno tunes for them.
Ben knows his stuff, and he can program the Ecu for a quickshifter like vcycle it does, which ecunleashed (in Campbelltown,who flashed my last MT) couldn't do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got mine done by Darren at ECUwest when I fitted an Akra Titanium exhaust, best mod so far. Totally changed the bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got mine done by Darren at ECUwest when I fitted an Akra Titanium exhaust, best mod so far. Totally changed the bike.
If you flash your bike before you add the exhaust and filter, do you have to reflash after the mods have been added? Or will a power commander remedy that?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Apparently he has different flashes for different exhaust and air filter combinations, I have the akra carbon and bmc air filter, so I'm hoping he has a flash to suit that, but I have also been told that the flashes are for the akra Ti or arrow exhaust.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
But yes, you could fine tune the flash with the PCV. But it seems a costly, $495 for ECU flash then around $300 + for dyno time.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Mine is in the mail to Vcyclenut now... I'm excited, heard great things, price is unmatched so if it's half as good as people say, it's a deal... I'll give an update on my notes when I get it back.

Kaiser

·
Registered
654 Posts
sending mine to vcyclenut today aswell

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone compare the Vcycle flash to the Stoltec/2 Wheel Dyno Works flash? I have heard great things about both but it seems the Vcycle is much more wallet friendly. I will be putting on a 2 Bros system and am going to be getting a block off kit so. ECU is out and waiting for me to pull the trigger. Does Vcycle have a map specific for the 2 Bros system or is it a generic flash? Same question for the Stoltec/2 Wheel Dyno Works flash...

Thanks for you input.

-Brandon

1 - 20 of 38 Posts