Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to first of all tell VCycleNut I'm very sorry about considering to get his work overlaid by Yamaha's flash. I had been unable to ride since getting my ECU back from him until about two weeks ago when I was finally able to get back on the bike. Numerous issues prevented me for two months to get back to riding the FZ-09, foot surgery in September then down time while the suspension was being rebuilt. My first impression on Day 1 and 2 was "B" didn't feel any better than stock and the "STD" mode was still too harsh. Well, now that I had the chance to ride it for a couple weeks the bike is running better than it did the first couple days. Both "B" and "STD" mode are working well and I really can appreciate the difference on the tuning.

Now for that "A" mode. What the hell is this doing to my engine! If feels like the motor goes from being a cool 850cc little powerbox to that of a 1000cc Superbike. The quick-turn power comes on so strong that I had to make sure both hands are griping the handlebar strong. Was riding home from work and decided to finally try the "A" mode when near the end of my ride and it just rips! Coming from a standstill to a left-hand turn I gave the throttle a little twisted and the bike began to wheelie at the apex of the turn while in second gear no less. I was so excited by the power rush, I gas it once pointed in a straight line and it was unbelievable power shifts and the bike was going 90 mph indicated in a couple hundred yards. When I got onto my home street I was still in "A" mode and reach down to hit my garage door opener in my lower jacket pocket and must of just touched the throttle in doing so. It nearly rip must right hand off the handlebar and thought I was going to go flying off the back and bike into parked cars. The throttle mapping is insane and should only be used on the open road and not in congested areas for sure.

Did I mention a really love my new flash!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I will 2nd this. The A mode after the flash has made it a completely different bike and I love it.
The power wheelies are back like I had a stock rear shock again. This was the best $80 bucks spent on this bike yet!
VCycleNut ROCKS!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts