Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is nice to see flashtune following through with adding more features to the new software.

I spoke to them today and the stated ecu based quick shifting would soon be available. This requires you to still buy a sensor. The pcv normally open sensor works really well.

This would be part of the speed limiter removed flash. Which is perfect because I think most people that want the limiter removed are using it for a track day bike and the quick shifter would be a nice addition for them. I have a how to install video I made on my R1 on you tube.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c5ZohkENGTg

·
Vendor
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will it work for down shifts?
Flash tune did develop an auto blipped Ecu based system that required two sensors. But sadly there was not much interest and they dropped it

You need to blip.

Rumor has it the new release will include gearing compensation, too...
Awesome!
I'm hoping gearing dependent fuel mapping is coming also!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Thanks for the answers about the quick shifter working for down shifts. I don't care about the speed of my shifts, but my clutch hand is having some repetitive motion issues. Yeah, there are a couple of other ways I can deal with it, shift less etc. Getting old is only good compared to the alternative...

·
Vendor
22 R7 | 21 T7
3,302 Posts
Thanks for the answers about the quick shifter working for down shifts. I don't care about the speed of my shifts, but my clutch hand is having some repetitive motion issues. Yeah, there are a couple of other ways I can deal with it, shift less etc. Getting old is only good compared to the alternative...
Yeah, unfortunately, even if you fooled the bike into allowing a clutchless downshift (it's possible with the quickshifter), you'll still need to blip the throttle to match the revs...especially at higher revs.

·
Vendor
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They still offer it to race teams...
that's cool, wonder how many are using it

I broke both my hands a few years back so I feel your pain, at least the fz09 is a great bike to pick a gear and leave it there

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately, even if you fooled the bike into allowing a clutchless downshift (it's possible with the quickshifter), you'll still need to blip the throttle to match the revs...especially at higher revs.
The blipping could be done electronically?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I <3 my bike with quick shifter. Near instant seamless upshifts.

After a few more items get sorted, I would be down for one on the street bike.

Necessary? No

Cool gadget? Absolutely

·
Registered
136 Posts
So if I get this option with your flash. Do I have to buy a PCV to utilize the function? Or can I just buy the quick shift sensor for the PCV and that will work? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm not very savvy about how setting up this kind of stuff works, but I would definitely like a quick shifter.

·
Vendor
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So if I get this option with your flash. Do I have to buy a PCV to utilize the function? Or can I just buy the quick shift sensor for the PCV and that will work? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm not very savvy about how setting up this kind of stuff works, but I would definitely like a quick shifter.
just the sensor. One wire goes to a specified pin on the ecu the other to ground. I have a video on my website under the other settings section of the my ecu flash explained page. It shows how to set it up on an R1. The process would be the same on the 9. The pin would probably be different and Ill add it to the chart when the feature is available

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I'll be testing one out this weekend. I already have a PCV quick shifter, I'll let you know how they compare.

Reactions: vcyclenut
1 - 17 of 17 Posts