Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I had Nels flash my ecu yesterday, and while there he and I discussed the akrapovic exhausts. He noted that the Carbon wrap around had produced the best results on both the dyno and track. While I won't be adding any system to my bike any time soon, I thought it would be nice to pass along to you track guys. He noted good increases in torque and hp, and also said the ti version actually reduced in numbers. He said it would be his system of choice. Way above my pay grade, but I'm sure Nels would be happy to elaborate. Just contact 2wheeldynoworks for more qualified info. Nels is a great guy who has invested quite a bit of time working with Nick (stoltec) and flashtune, with whom he partners on the flashing. I give him a big thumbs up. You get what you pay for...:eagerness:

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
It's hard to argue with facts and numbers though! Well, I guess it's not "hard" to argue them, but maybe foolish might be a better word.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
As I said way above my pay grade. Nels was actually pointing out something that Really doesn't apply to me. It started when he asked if I had a stock exhaust, for the ecu flash. I said yes and mentioned the only change I might make (in the future) is the Akrapovic, not mentioning which version. After that he volunteered all the information I passed along to you guys. Mainly talked about flash tune and Nick. Cheers G

ps Here's a pic of my daughter saying, "y'all better not mess with daddy". I'd listen to her, she scares me...got all my bad traits.

Attachments

·
Vendor
22 R7 | 21 T7
3,302 Posts
As I said way above my pay grade. Nels was actually pointing out something that Really doesn't apply to me. It started when he asked if I had a stock exhaust, for the ecu flash. I said yes and mentioned the only change I might make (in the future) is the Akrapovic, not mentioning which version. After that he volunteered all the information I passed along to you guys. Mainly talked about flash tune and Nick. Cheers G

ps Here's a pic of my daughter saying, "y'all better not mess with daddy". I'd listen to her, she scares me...got all my bad traits.
I spy trouble in that pretty face. Godspeed...

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I had Nels flash my ecu yesterday, and while there he and I discussed the akrapovic exhausts. He noted that the Carbon wrap around had produced the best results on both the dyno and track. While I won't be adding any system to my bike any time soon, I thought it would be nice to pass along to you track guys. He noted good increases in torque and hp, and also said the ti version actually reduced in numbers. He said it would be his system of choice. Way above my pay grade, but I'm sure Nels would be happy to elaborate. Just contact 2wheeldynoworks for more qualified info. Nels is a great guy who has invested quite a bit of time working with Nick (stoltec) and flashtune, with whom he partners on the flashing. I give him a big thumbs up. You get what you pay for...:eagerness:
hello mate, may know how much it cost for flash the ecu by Nels on regards? I am looking for similar service as finding the shift gear timing was quite unacceptable...simply say, it is always seems in wrong timing with the throttle action....especially when doing downshift. never get it smooth.
will his flash service able to fix these kind of issues....many thanks:)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The flash is around $350, plus tax. It remedies any throttle issues I am aware of, forum related. I never got the chance to ride, other than in my neighborhood, without the flash. My bike was delivered last Monday, but I couldn't register it until Saturday, so I used the opportunity to upgrade some things. Brake lines, levers, and flash the ecu, which was done the next day. Rode it a few times yesterday, around 60 miles, and found it perfect in B and Standard. No A riding. Great freakin' bike...which needs a new seat. Damn my lower body hurt something fierce!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The flash is around $350, plus tax. It remedies any throttle issues I am aware of, forum related. I never got the chance to ride, other than in my neighborhood, without the flash. My bike was delivered last Monday, but I couldn't register it until Saturday, so I used the opportunity to upgrade some things. Brake lines, levers, and flash the ecu, which was done the next day. Rode it a few times yesterday, around 60 miles, and found it perfect in B and Standard. No A riding. Great freakin' bike...which needs a new seat. Damn my lower body hurt something fierce!
Thank you for your info. thats great to know it helps on the issues...planning to get the Akra carbon system on next.
Yeah...the seat is kind of sharp and hard too.

safe ride :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Maybe he meant that the Ti version makes less than the Carbon? I find it hard to believe that it makes less than the stock system.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think Nick posted a link to the dyno graph for more detailed info. I was merely passing along what Nels said in passing while flashing my ECU.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts