Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
A guy I know locally has parts hanging on that tree. A group of guys trailered down from WI. First day, first run, this guy tosses his nearly new CBR600RR down a ravine. Short week of riding for him! Bet there are quite a few stories like that over the years.
I've been riding Deals Gap since the late eighties and I've hung Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha parts on that damn tree!

·
Registered
2021 MT-09, 2017 STI
248 Posts
Arrived at home around 9 pm tonight. Logged 3563 miles on this trip, including riding miles with my internet buddies. Got some decent pics riding 421 and 129, I'll post up here once I'm able to download them.

I also decided that when I grow up I wanna be like Les. Chill and fast with street confidence. Killer ride on Saturday!

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,931 Posts
Arrived at home around 9 pm tonight. Logged 3563 miles on this trip, including riding miles with my internet buddies. Got some decent pics riding 421 and 129, I'll post up here once I'm able to download them.
It was great meeting and spending time with you. I'm impressed, I rode down to Virginia from Massachusetts last year and it was hard to do. I did 1740 miles in the truck driving down and that was difficult. I put on over 700 miles on my bike down there.

I drove all night and then slept all day yesterday. Woke up and unloaded my motorcycle and then went out riding for an hour last night.

What a beautiful place to see and ride. I honestly feel sorry for all the people that wanted to make it and couldn't and the ones could have but didn't.

Cloud Sky Land vehicle Plant Mountain

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,931 Posts
ROLE CALL
Darf (Dave), Muc (Marc), Stromy (Tom), Brent, Shamrock (Les), Speedy (Jay), Budo (?), Jarret (?), Ethan (?), Brent's friend Conner + 2 and myself.

I was wondering what the other screen names were so I can recognize everyone when on here in the future. To all of the people I met for the first time, I truly enjoyed meeting and spending time together.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Flowerpot

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Plant Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Sky Car

Tire Wheel Plant Sky Cloud

Special that to Les for not making me be the oldest. This last picture is for Les. Not matter what
they ride / drive, those old go cart racers are fast.

Tire Wheel Sprint car racing Car Vehicle

·
Administrator
2,889 Posts
ROLE CALL
Darf (Dave), Muc (Marc), Stromy (Tom), Brent, Shamrock (Les), Speedy (Jay), Budo (?), Jarret (?), Ethan (?)
, Brent's friend Conner + 2 and myself.

I was wondering what the other screen names were so I can recognize everyone when on here in the future. To all of the people I met for the first time, I truly enjoyed meeting and spending time together.

View attachment 171250
View attachment 171251
View attachment 171252
View attachment 171253
View attachment 171254
Mark=Muc Brent=MK3Brent Jaret=SliderR1 Ethan=Whiteside Burke=Budo Les=Shamrock Jay=Speedy Dave=Darf Kevin=ChesterBurnet
Welcome to the forum and congratulations for attending two Rallies on your V Strom.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
I also decided that when I grow up I wanna be like Les. Chill and fast with street confidence. Killer ride on Saturday!
No, no, no-----Budo, taking into consideration your education, sophistication, good nature and abilities you can do so much better!
And yeah, that was a great ride on Saturday. Epic weather, top class back roads, good Buds, "spirited pace" and no one lost an eye.

·
Administrator
2,889 Posts
No, no, no-----Budo, taking into consideration your education, sophistication, good nature and abilities you can do so much better!
And yeah, that was a great ride on Saturday. Epic weather, top class back roads, good Buds, "spirited pace" and no one lost an eye.
I dunno, you’re more influential than Budo… :LOL:
Liquid Water Fluid Home appliance Kitchen appliance

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
I keep notes and lists. One of my list show all the people on this forum that I have physically met with, shook hands, rode bikes, broke bread and drank with. Thirty one guys, as of now, and five of those have been in my home. Not one of them has been even close to being an asshat and I think that's pretty cool!

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,931 Posts
For those that are on the fence about meeting people from a forum and trying to decide whether to join in. Go for it, you won't be disappointed. My biggest regret is that I don't get to see these people more often.

This was my 3rd ride to an area known for tight and twisty roads. Every time I've done one, my riding skills improve exponentially, especially if your doing it with better riders. When you can take your riding skills to the next level, it makes your everyday riding more fun, and safer. Just some food for thought.

141 - 155 of 155 Posts