Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
I'm a loner this time since all my buds have other stuff going on and can't travel.
Looks like the once manly Rusty Zipper Gang has turned into a bunch of wrinkly, wounded, worn out old farts!

·
Super Moderator
2,736 Posts
I'm a loner this time since all my buds have other stuff going on and can't travel.
Looks like the once manly Rusty Zipper Gang has turned into a bunch of wrinkly, wounded, worn out old farts!
For what it’s worth, my patina zipper is coming along nicely. :cool:

Reactions: shamrock

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,849 Posts
Sounds like you learned your lesson from Tazewell. ;)
If it was spread out over a few days on a motorcycle that got more than 100 miles out of tank of gas, it would have been a lot easier. Getting stuck in the rain also sucks and you can't carry enough stuff when it's just strapped on.

·
Registered
Batmobile
1,045 Posts
@Budo, are you going to magically appear on the east coast? @Shinyribs hopefully you cant get away from all those dead compressors and refrigerant for a few days and rip with us too!

·
Registered
2021 MT-09, 2017 STI
193 Posts
@Budo, are you going to magically appear on the east coast? @Shinyribs hopefully you cant get away from all those dead compressors and refrigerant for a few days and rip with us too!
I wanna... but with some changes at work I'm not sure I can. There's a last minute chance I could make it and I'll definitely get in touch if that becomes a possibility. Worst case I might crash the party for one or two days if only to be able to put a face to some of the names on here.

·
Super Moderator
2,736 Posts
I wanna... but with some changes at work I'm not sure I can. There's a last minute chance I could make it and I'll definitely get in touch if that becomes a possibility. Worst case I might crash the party for one or two days if only to be able to put a face to some of the names on here.
You and I will drink allllllll the beers. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Budo

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,849 Posts
17 Days. I'm leaving Massachusetts on May 31 evening to arrive June 1. Rooming with Muc and he booked an extra day so I'll get down to join him. Doing my planning and hunting and gathering.

I'm good with motorcycle and gear. Never been to this place so I'm curious about the facility. What does everyone do for meals?
I'm really looking forward to meeting people I've been talking to/ with/at for the last few years.

I just washed out the liners on 3 helmets to put on Craigslist to raise a little pocket change. The helmets are just sitting on the shelf gavering dust. I washed out in the bathroom sink. The amount of dirt they accumulate is pretty disgusting. I would never buy a used helmet but this just cements my resolve. I don't have a problem selling a used one though.

·
Super Moderator
2,736 Posts
17 Days. I'm leaving Massachusetts on May 31 evening to arrive June 1. Rooming with Muc and he booked an extra day so I'll get down to join him. Doing my planning and hunting and gathering.

I'm good with motorcycle and gear. Never been to this place so I'm curious about the facility. What does everyone do for meals?
I'm really looking forward to meeting people I've been talking to/ with/at for the last few years.

I just washed out the liners on 3 helmets to put on Craigslist to raise a little pocket change. The helmets are just sitting on the shelf gavering dust. I washed out in the bathroom sink. The amount of dirt they accumulate is pretty disgusting. I would never buy a used helmet but this just cements my resolve. I don't have a problem selling a used one though.
There is a bar/restaurant about 200’ from the lodge. It backs up to a golf course. You can find a meal there most days from late lunch to early dinner time.

·
Registered
2021 MT-09, 2017 STI
193 Posts
What's the general itinerary look like?

Thursday, arrive, check in, hang out and shenanigans
Friday, assuming riding day (how early y'all roll out and what time back?)
Saturday, same as friday?
Sunday, check out and race home?

As of right now it's looking like I might be able to come by Thursday, and leave by Saturday mid-day. I'm due back at work by 3 am on Tuesday hence the rush.

Never mind, I peeked in last year's thread and found this:

We are in and out so feel free to do your own thing. Nothing is organized.
Please remember this is a very small group so don't expect balloons and door prizes.
Weather is a bit iffy so that pretty much decides where we are at any given time.
All of us are here in the evenings unless we are foraging for food!

·
Super Moderator
2,736 Posts
What's the general itinerary look like?

Thursday, arrive, check in, hang out and shenanigans
Friday, assuming riding day (how early y'all roll out and what time back?)
Saturday, same as friday?
Sunday, check out and race home?

As of right now it's looking like I might be able to come by Thursday, and leave by Saturday mid-day. I'm due back at work by 3 am on Tuesday hence the rush.

Never mind, I peeked in last year's thread and found this:
Last year was kind of a wash. We got soaked everyday.
Here is a short video from the blue ridge.

This year I hope we are dry.
Im down to get up and ride all day with you guys by 9am or so. Depending on how successful the night before was. :LOL:

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
960 Posts
If it weren't for ECRs I wouldn't know how to ride in the rain! Very good training I must say. I'm looking forward to some dry weather this year. I tend to play it by ear but try to ride as much as possible. There's a mini fridge and microwave. I try to bring easy breakfast and lunch food knowing that on riding days well probably stop for both breakfast and lunch out on the road. I also bring lots of snacks and maybe one or two dinner type food items also knowing more than likely we'll end up at the restaurant next door for dinner and drinks. Schedule wise for riding usually depends on who I'm trying to get out with and where people are wanting to go. Usually it works out well.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts