Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I was surprised to find out that I had a few days off and couldn't remember why, until I looked on here and realized we were supposed to have a meet up! Obviously, the U.S. is still not sure what's going on, but I am rather excited for what 2021 will bring.

I am hoping to finally leave the dreary wasteland that is called upstate NY for SC, making the distance to travel much easier, but I'd really love for this year to become a really big gathering, we have a lot of new guys on here and I know some of the 09 veterans weren't happy with missing the 2020 rally.

I guess my point is, are we ready to start planning for next year yet?

·
Registered
402 Posts
This year has been a lot of ups and downs.
Hopefully we can get our act together and be able to look forward to gatherings again next year.
With that said, I'm so down to plan for a meet up. Would be great to finally put some faces to names.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
621 Posts
Does it have to be east coast - what if it was more 'central' - ozarks or something like that and some of us west coasters might make the trip.....

And yes - I'm aware that I could organize a rally anywhere my heart desires, but ultimately i'm kinda lazy and would rather let someone else do the work.

Reactions: Darf and Screan29

·
Registered
402 Posts
I know Darf and I are avid campers/adventures. I could be down for a heckin long ride out that way if the weather isn't freezing. :p

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
459 Posts
@Darf Yeah we were supposed to have a fall get together. I know I said that is take the lead on that one but I dropped the ball. I've been swamped with looking for a job all summer. I've finally started working on my own ànd starting my own practice. I'm always up to plan rides. I think that the ECR is a set event given its history, but there's always room for additional Rallys in other locations.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Muc, no worries, I know you got hit hard by the lockdown, very happy to hear you're getting things back on track! I completely forgot until last week that it was supposed to happen.

I agree ECR should stay a set event, but depending on where I am next spring/summer a trip to Ozarks may be in the cards. The ideal trip for me in that situation would be running up to Upstate NY over to Niagra falls (girlfriend wants to go next year) and then making the way down into and through the mountains. I already asked and would have a dedicated chase car for gear, and anyone willing to ride from the NE would have room for their gear.

The end of 2019 and almost all of 2020 has been an absolute dumpster fire for me, and I'm sure most of you as well. I want to make 2021 as incredible as I can with as many big adventures with as many people as I can afford.

·
Super Moderator
4,260 Posts
I'm glad to see a few members jonesin' for a rally/hootnanny/get together. I say, step up and make your plans. The Ozarks could work for those poor sods between Illinois and Texas. And West Virginia is certainly a real possibility for those ensconced in the great Northeast. However, ECR21 will happen and it will be around the usual timeframe in the usual place. Now get to work and remember...no vaccine = no back to normal.

·
Vendor
2,315 Posts
@Muc, no worries, I know you got hit hard by the lockdown, very happy to hear you're getting things back on track! I completely forgot until last week that it was supposed to happen.

I agree ECR should stay a set event, but depending on where I am next spring/summer a trip to Ozarks may be in the cards. The ideal trip for me in that situation would be running up to Upstate NY over to Niagra falls (girlfriend wants to go next year) and then making the way down into and through the mountains. I already asked and would have a dedicated chase car for gear, and anyone willing to ride from the NE would have room for their gear.

The end of 2019 and almost all of 2020 has been an absolute dumpster fire for me, and I'm sure most of you as well. I want to make 2021 as incredible as I can with as many big adventures with as many people as I can afford.
Ozarks, eh? I have a buddy who just purchased a "campground" there. I'll be visiting no matter what. On the moto though?... that's ~1,300 miles one way all highway. EEEEEK

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ozarks, eh? I have a buddy who just purchased a "campground" there. I'll be visiting no matter what. On the moto though?... that's ~1,300 miles one way all highway. EEEEEK
Oh just the guy I was going to text today! I did 2300 on my trip this year, plus we'd have a car with our gear inside. What if I throw in some good dirt roads along the way!?

Or you know, just trailer the bikes....

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
602 Posts
I'm glad to see a few members jonesin' for a rally/hootnanny/get together. I say, step up and make your plans. The Ozarks could work for those poor sods between Illinois and Texas. And West Virginia is certainly a real possibility for those ensconced in the great Northeast. However, ECR21 will happen and it will be around the usual timeframe in the usual place. Now get to work and remember...no vaccine = no back to normal.
There's no "vaccine " merely a shot that has to be redone just like the flu shot. We all can just wear helmets and drink from straws lol

·
Super Moderator
4,260 Posts
I've ridden Arkansas perhaps a dozen different times. What I never got over was the gawdawful slog it is just getting there. Now in my dotage it is a tariff I am unwilling to pay. As much as I enjoyed spirited and unfettered travel over it's roads and the immensely rewarding trout fishing, my days in the Ozarks are over. If you've never been and if you cannot call North Georgia, Western North Carolina or East Tennessee home, then by all means get over there and cut loose.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
459 Posts
Oh just the guy I was going to text today! I did 2300 on my trip this year, plus we'd have a car with our gear inside. What if I throw in some good dirt roads along the way!?

Or you know, just trailer the bikes....
I've wanted to make a trip out there and ride, not really wanting to slab it there. I'd be in the conversation about trailering out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts