Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I switched jobs a month ago and won't have vacation available until the end of August.
I too am looking at a career move at the moment, which is throwing a metric wrench in my planning.
I will see what I can do for this meet, which may result in me camping if I make it. Nothing clears the ol noggin like a relaxing ride through the mountains.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,070 Posts
As this is a long ride for me, I am bringing rain gear. Can anyone recommend gloves for rain. It takes about a full day for leather ones to dry out. I got caught in the rain a couple years ago on a weekend ride and they never dried out. Wet gloves are pretty miserable.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,070 Posts
I too am looking at a career move at the moment, which is throwing a metric wrench in my planning.
I will see what I can do for this meet, which may result in me camping if I make it. Nothing clears the ol noggin like a relaxing ride through the mountains.
It'd be way cool if you made it. Is that your real picture?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
As this is a long ride for me, I am bringing rain gear. Can anyone recommend gloves for rain. It takes about a full day for leather ones to dry out. I got caught in the rain a couple years ago on a weekend ride and they never dried out. Wet gloves are pretty miserable.
You probably already know this trick, but it’s what I do: wear some nitrile gloves under your regular gloves when it rains. It’s cheaper than buying gortex gloves that don’t breathe like regular ones.

it’s what I was doing here:

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,070 Posts
You probably already know this trick, but it’s what I do: wear some nitrile gloves under your regular gloves when it rains. It’s cheaper than buying gortex gloves that don’t breathe like regular ones.

it’s what I was doing here:

But your leather gloves still get soaked. Is there a type of glove that doesn't absorb water? I was hoping someone had success with one that they could recommend. I saw some on the Cycle Gear site so maybe I'll have to stop in and look.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
If I remember, Cycle Gear and RevZilla are affiliated? If you have one nearby, you may find some of these options there:

In the winter, I have the Alpinestars Equinox gloves, and they're 100% waterproof and amazing. I'd expect their other waterproof offerings to be just as good.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Was just thinking. Aren’t you somewhat local to this are @Loosenut ?

·
Registered
Batmobile
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
He's down by Greenville I think.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am just west of Greenville, SC and I have yet to find people to ride with, but I also enjoy not having to worry if my friend/s have crashed chasing me.

Reactions: MK3Brent

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't push to keep up with anyone. If you are ahead and pulling away, I'll see you at the next stop.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I don't push to keep up with anyone. If you are ahead and pulling away, I'll see you at the next stop.
I think you may have a misconception of these rides and its' riders.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think you may have a misconception of these rides and its' riders.
I don't think so. People get together, they ride, they eat, they ride, they drink, they tell stories and many times it's about the person that crashed that day/weekend.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,070 Posts
Tail of the Dragon - 11 Miles
Back of the Dragon - 32 miles

Y'all got those new soft seats and zoomy sounding exhausts, why not put em to use.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts