Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,070 Posts
I got the approvals from the wife to come down Friday, ride Saturday, and drive home Sunday.... If anyone wants to split a room Friday and Saturday night I'd be game, if not I'll make a reservation here soon.
I just got the ok from the Hotel owner. We can share a room. I expected it was ok but I just wanted to confirm. Just make confirm that you're definite and the 2nd bed is yours.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
730 Posts
I just got the ok from the Hotel owner. We can share a room. I expected it was ok but I just wanted to confirm. Just make confirm that you're definite and the 2nd bed is yours.

Confirmed, if you have a cash app, Venmo, or Paypal that's probably the easiest way for me to settle up. I could always bring cash too.

·
Super Moderator
4,390 Posts
I believe the southern leg of that outer loop is Rt 58, though they cut out the part that heads into Galax, I'm going to take a good look at the maps this weekend on my computer and maybe sketch out a few routes.
US58 east of Independence ain't much. The run between Damascus and Independence, actually Mouth of Wilson, is fab.

·
Registered
439 Posts
So there’s the tail of the dragon, the claw, and the back. What’s next? The člit of the dragon?

Reactions: Screan29

·
Registered
Batmobile
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I mean, have you seen the shape of Florida on a map?

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,070 Posts
This is one of the 2 or 3 best places to ride in the eastern US. I thought there'd be a little more enthusiasm. Especially considering that the CP3 bikes are made for this kinda shit.

·
Super Moderator
4,390 Posts
This is one of the 2 or 3 best places to ride in the eastern US. I thought there'd be a little more enthusiasm. Especially considering that the CP3 bikes are made for this kinda shit.
Now you feel my disappointment regarding numbers for the get together at Albert's. I see that venue as perhaps one of the best combinations for value lodging and twisty roads in the southeast, but it took seven years to sell out the lodge and we had to open it up to friends of friends to even do that. Crap! There must be four hundred CP3 owners within a days ride of Burnsville. And yes, our bikes are taylor made for those roads.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,070 Posts
Now you feel my disappointment regarding numbers for the get together at Albert's. I see that venue as perhaps one of the best combinations for value lodging and twisty roads in the southeast, but it took seven years to sell out the lodge and we had to open it up to friends of friends to even do that. Crap! There must be four hundred CP3 owners within a days ride of Burnsville. And yes, our bikes are taylor made for those roads.
I'm not surprised. I did a NYC trip last year and only Darf showed up after a lot of people canceled or just stopped communicating. It worked out great because I could not have met and hung out with a cooler person. Darf and Muc are both in for this ride and I'm sure it's going to be way cool. Maybe 1 or 2 other people's schedules will shake out and they'll join us. When you see all the people posting here you've got to wonder where and how much they actually ride. Then you see tons of bikes getting sold with well under 5000 miles on them. I guess they put A zoomy sounding exhaust and ride around their neighborhood thinking they're impressing people.

2 years ago I did an equivalent epic ride out in California by myself. I literally almost killed myself from heat stroke and when it was over I felt like it had been one of the best days of my life. This doesn't impress anyone, it's just the pure joy of riding. If I can do it with a couple of cool people, hang out, talk about stuff, eat some good food together in a beautiful place....how much better can it get?

FYI: It's tailor not taylor. If we can't depend on our moderators to spell correctly, how can we expect to rely on them for guidance in posting in the correct categories?

·
Registered
Batmobile
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I'll admit I don't put many miles on during the year outside of the ECR and track days, but I think a lot of that is more to do with the crap roads where I am and everyone I do know down here having stretched highway rockets. I do miss being in NY, I took the area I lived in for granted, even a short trip to a friend's house could be made into an eventful ride by taking a few side roads, down here it's highway or potholes that go halfway to the Earth's core. I've been tempted to put it out on the Facebook page, but I don't know what kind of squids would get drawn in. Don't feel like scraping someone off the pavement while I'm on vacation.

·
Super Moderator
5,752 Posts
I guess they put an zoomy sounding exhaust
Speaking of Moderator guidance......the above highlighted part of that sentence should read, I guess they put "a" zoomy sounding exhaust, not "an" zoomy sounding exhaust. Glad I could help!

• Haha
Reactions: Moto26 and Screan29

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,070 Posts
Speaking of Moderator guidance......the above highlighted part of that sentence should read, I guess they put "a" zoomy sounding exhaust, not "an" zoomy sounding exhaust. Glad I could help!
That really didn't help. Now if you could put this back in the FZ 09 section that would help. Everything in moderation.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I wish I could make it down for this trip, the roads look absolutely awesome! I switched jobs a month ago and won't have vacation available until the end of August. Plus, building a shed in my back yard has finances just a bit tight right now.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
730 Posts
My only limiting factor these days is vacation days as I'm out of them. So I'm stuck to weekends till next season.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts