Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does this work? Mine stays on all the time, even when I ride hard. It goes off when the clutch is disengaged.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
It appears to be a simple engine load indicator. Real bikers should never see it.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
to quote the owners manual, pretty funny I think: "This indicator comes on when the vehicle is being operated in an environmentally friendly, fuel-efficient manner. The indicator goes off when the vehicle is stopped." end quote...

·
Registered
81 Posts
An eco light that's always on is malfunctioning. Being the most useless gadget ever slapped on a motorcycle, however, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

·
Super Moderator
3,997 Posts
It appears to be a simple engine load indicator. Real bikers should never see it.
That reminds me of manifold vacuum gauges on American land barges of the 1960's. As I remember some even had a range demarking "economy". Of course me being a redblooded teenager I saw it as my duty to make certain that I had the needle on that gauge slammed all the way into the knucklehead zone. I suppose not much has changed in my household in the past fifty years.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
That reminds me of manifold vacuum gauges on American land barges of the 1960's. As I remember some even had a range demarking "economy". Of course me being a redblooded teenager I saw it as my duty to make certain that I had the needle on that gauge slammed all the way into the knucklehead zone. I suppose not much has changed in my household in the past fifty years.
Also known as induction noise control.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2019 model goes off when you turn throttle like 1/2 or more... It's just like any car with the eco light.. Stay under a certain throttle angle and it's in "eco" mode.. but who fking cares right

·
Registered
92 Posts
if you turn on the mpg (or kilometers/liter?) display, you'll see that when the eco is on, you're getting the best gas mileage
seems to be another way to display it when you have another display on

·
Registered
46 Posts
has to be the dumbest feature on this bike. Makes me want to ride faster to keep it off.

Similar to the roadside radar speed signs......I always accelerate to see how high I can get the speed to read.

I don't know, maybe I just got issues?

I would also trade the eco indicator for a couple more bars of resolution on the fuel gage..........or be able to display miles / temp / or time at the same time.

/rant over/

·
Registered
40 Posts
As others have said mine also comes on when just "cruising" down the road but as soon as I crack the throttle its gone. Really is a useless feature.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Similar to the roadside radar speed signs......I always accelerate to see how high I can get the speed to read.
Ours used to do that, then they altered them to show "slow down" at more than 5 k's over. Killjoys, all of 'em.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts