Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EBR has resumed production of the 1190's this time around in Michigan. Erik still at the helm for designs...check their website!

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,660 Posts
I saw that... I just wonder what kind of parts/service support you can expect from them with all that's happened. I wouldn't take that risk...

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EBR never closed for business, just stopped the production of building motorcycles. They have been supporting with parts, warranty, and tech support to dealers and customers throughout the entire time...

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
This will certainly be the shortest iteration ..

Erik Buell Racing exhumed again, again
Erik Buell Racing, or rather a zombie version of the company, is building “new” EBR 1190 motorcycles out of parts left over from liquidiation. They’ll be more expensive than they used to be, as they’re hand-assembled by old EBR employees, who probably said something like, “Alright, one last job…” before picking up their tools and getting back to work. “The approach is to keep it boutique and high performance driven, ala Bugatti, Koenigsegg, or Lotus,” according to current EBR head Bill Melvin.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I hope he can stay in business..he makes some very nice bikes...none that I can really afford, but very nice all the same...

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I liked the idea, didn't like the execution. Far too much fugly.

·
Registered
235 Posts
So they have 2 guys putting together 3 bikes. I guess that can be called "limited quantities"

I will say that pic of the Typhoon looks pretty badass. It looks very XBS

EDIT: It looks like the name of that bike is actually Typhon, not Typhoon.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fat fingered, lol... think there are more than 2 guys building the bikes, I see that EagleRider is still trying to get retail for their EBR inventory, if I had the cash would make an offer but not for those prices they are asking.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I feel sorry for everyone who buys into another wave of Buell shams...
Vanguard Motorcycles, the company who's partnering with EB, has ONE concept bike far from release and I can't believe Erik was stupid enough to think one investor, who doesn't even share sportbike knowledge, is going to keep him afloat. VM's idea for "a contemporary motorcycle priced to bring true value to the rider" consists of a CONCEPT cafe racer priced at $29,995. There's no f***ing market in 2018, going into 2019, for premium motorcycles that bring nothing to the table! EB and VB shouldn't even be in the same room discussing motorcycles let alone in the same investor shark tank... Sorry guys but I give Erik literally 1-2 years before he closes his doors or gets bought out only for VB to strip him of his manufacturing resources to build there cafe racer that nobody's going to buy...

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Weird ... EagleRider's web site shows $12,995 msrp/Now $9,995/Selling price $10,495. $500 diff between Now/Selling price :(
https://www.eaglerideraz.com/--xInventoryDetail?id=3281976&utm_source=www.cycletrader.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=dealer-click&utm_content=view-inventory-link
two years ago when I almost traded the fz for an EBR, it was going for 13.5...they have always been at the top of the range. they use to have serial #67 1190RX which we (local Buell rider group) test rode in 2014, and still had when I went to trade up...asking 18k for it! back then they had about a dozen 1190's on the floor, so folks are buying regardless of company standings or price. I may be bias towards Buell motorcycles and EBR cause of ownership and know how of the motorcycles for my support given to them. But you can not deny the bike can and has competed with the other big boys on the track an made the podium several times and is still doing so by privateers!!!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
awesome, what year? guess the first thing to do is check the stator and or replace with the upgraded unit. good luck with her, still wishing I had my XB9

1 - 17 of 17 Posts