Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I used the EBC red and yellow on my old track car. It shot out a lot more dust, but the braking ability was amazing. the organic I think are green? I used the ceramic red mostly and they did not require any heat up before use. The yellows on the other hand liked to be heated up, the rotors would also be worn down faster than the reds. I haven't checked out what they offer for motorcycles, but from my experience with automotive pads, they are one of the best out there.

Edit: the EBC double-h brake pads have great reviews. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/11048/i/ebc-double-h-sintered-brake-pads

·
Registered
673 Posts
They're fine for slower pace and around town riding..

Personally, I always use EBC DoubleH "Sintered" brake pads. A little harder on rotors, but work well in rain/mud/dry/race.

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Registered
768 Posts
When the shop was out of metallic rear pads for my former 02' DL1000, I stuck in a set of organic EBCs.
For whatever reason we could never determine, that bike ate up rear brake pads (four sets in 35k miles and I like to front brake!).
The organics worked okay. But, they went away faster than the rest.
That said, the Super Tenere came with metallic up front and organic rear pads.
I swapped them all out for EBC metallic HH pads as an experiment and those work nicely.
The FZ-09 got braided lines first. Pads are next. Keep us posted what you find!
-eddie

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i run ebc organics out back because i didn't like the harsh initial bite of the stock sintered metal pads. the ebc organics have a softer initial bite and are easier to modulate without locking up.

for maximum stopping power though organics really can't compare to sintered.

·
Super Moderator
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Indeed I am looking for something that will be easy on the rotors.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Indeed I am looking for something that will be easy on the rotors.
just fyi - the stock rotors aren't very expensive, around $80 each. i've got ~13k miles on my front rotors using sintered pads and they still have plenty of life left.

i've found the ebc organics to drop off a bit more in the wet.

·
Registered
187 Posts
different pads fit different styles of braking. if you like softer braking, they're good. the hh pads bite hard for initial pull and stay strong. i use the ebc race pads on all my bikes but it's also cuz i track all my bikes and its how i like to brake.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
EBC is great, but I have leaned more towards Galfer as they offer the same quality and US-based.
Galfer is a Spanish company with US operations. Pads are made in Spain, lines and rotors are made in the US.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts