Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel, and my left is much worse than my right. I'm working on correcting my riding position to take pressure off my wrists, and that's helping. BUT, I'm finding the length & weight of the clutch pull is still causing me to lose feeling in the fingers when I'm in traffic (and having to use it a lot).

Has anybody seen a short/lighter pull clutch lever? I've screen them for dirt bikes, but not for the -09. Any help would be appreciated, as I just bought this bike after a 6 year riding hiatus. If I can't find a solution, I'm going have to sell it.

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
I don't know of anything per se that would help you except to make sure that the clutch lever is adjusted properly and is at an ergonomically correct angle for you and your seating position.

I will tell you this....I sold a bike because of carpal tunnel issues and in 2002 I had surgery on both wrists.....3 weeks apart. The day the Dr. released me to go back to work, I bought another bike (CBR1100XX BlackBird) and have never looked back. 12 years without any C.T. issues. Surgery may be the best option for you if it's bad enough to inhibit your riding ability.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts