Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Work is slow at the moment, so i'll be on the road for the next 6 days. Started out pretty late and was eager to leave home so i only made it to Philly. Was getting late and bit cold, had to find a telly around here i don't like riding nights. Will try to couch surf as much as possible. My mission is to visit as many places as i can from NY to Florida if i make it. Stop to take pictures, and maybe meet new people on the way. First short stop, will be Revzilla. I brought two 1.5L fuel bottles just incase although i don't think i'll need to use them. I have to be back in NY on Tuesday. If you guys know any great places to visit gimme a shout.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stop for a break in Cameron, NC and we will feed you and top off your fuel. We are along US 1.
THX, can definitely pass by. I'm thinking i should be around NC tomorrow afternoon. Today i'm passing by DC, maybe Delaware and sleeping somewhere in Virginia. Any fun roads you recommend riding on the way there? I-95 pretty boring.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just made it to Baltimore, stopped for lunch. The niner running like a champ, damn this bike is awesome. Will post pix later on.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Good going..I like your pace. Usually, I am in DC in 4 hours taking the boring I95. Once I came back via Lancaster and Philly- that was more fun.

PS: how are you keeping the rear tire from touching the saddlebags? I am still working on a cheap solution...

·
Registered
241 Posts
I lived in baltimore for a year, and while the city is kind of dumpy in parts, the coutryside is beautiful with lots of fun roads. Is that the mra vario? how do you like that thing, so far?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thats great set up and good luck riding. I am ready for a nice long road trip but was not thinking of doing it on the 09. You have inspired me to consider it. Very cool.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
After a nice long day on the road, I decided to make a small detour. Staying in Strasburg VA, and will be visiting the Shenandoah National Park. Theres a road called the Skyline Dr that looked pretty kool on the map. I believe is over 100 miles long, and runs right in the middle of the park.

I was setting up the gopro tripod when one of their employees comes out and offers to take a pix. Then he asks me about my trip, i tell em. Goes back inside and comes out with a free revzilla t-shirt. :cool:

Yooo Adriane

Baltimore Harbor

Yup they didn't let me park the Niner in front of the White House

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good going..I like your pace. Usually, I am in DC in 4 hours taking the boring I95. Once I came back via Lancaster and Philly- that was more fun.

PS: how are you keeping the rear tire from touching the saddlebags? I am still working on a cheap solution...
I have the motocentric bag 26L. Depends how i put them, with the pointy side of the bags facing back they don't touch, flip them and they do. I strapped them pretty short as well. Also I strapped a 1.5L fuel bottle behind the license place with two hose clamps. Hooked around the Tail Tidy. When I put the bags on they were kinda blocking my small turn signals, so i ended up getting the Custom LED tail light. Had to wait for delivery otherwise would have left 2 days b4.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I lived in baltimore for a year, and while the city is kind of dumpy in parts, the coutryside is beautiful with lots of fun roads. Is that the mra vario? how do you like that thing, so far?
Yeah it the MRA Vario. It definitely blocks much more wind than the smaller Fabri. I got just for this trip, is the biggest screen you can get before it starts looking ugly. It does shake a lot more but gets the job done.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
From Virginia i rode the Shenandoah National Park scenic roadway, Skyline Drive. Is 105 miles of pure happiness and nothing but twisties. Man this bike is fun to ride. Speed limit is 35, i think i was doing 80mph and slowing down for cagers.

This is the best road and funnest i have been on so far. I could never do this back home. Not one single pothole or bump.

BTW. if your ever around that are, visit the Shenandoah caverns. 1hr tour nice place.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Danny, thanks for stopping by. I'm sorry for causing your brief stay in the Cameron jail and glad you're out and on your way. looking forward more news and pictures from you soon!

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Hi Danny, thanks for stopping by. I'm sorry for causing your brief stay in the Cameron jail and glad you're out and on your way. looking forward more news and pictures from you soon!
WTF, is there a great campfire story here?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey thanks Jim for the great southern hospitality. I was passing by the town so i decided to meet a fellow forum member. I enjoyed my brief stay in Cameron and is was kool to have met your family. We gotta meet up sometime for a ride around the mountains, only time will tell.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
After leaving Jim's, kept riding south till i couldn't ride no more. Ended up in Savannah GA. So it looks i will be making it to Florida after all. I'm debating where to visit as it will be my last day going south.

Somewhere in South Carolina.

Its a bugs life out here.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts