wskythrtl1, Thursday 5pm

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Vern and Peggy.... Thurs. Afternoon probably between 4:30-5:00 pm

·
Registered
93 Posts
Bowinkle : Thursday afternoon - I'm hauling my bike up so I can bring a few tools and spares - cooler, air compressor, pit bull stands, spare battery, levers, fuel, duct tape, and three sizes of hammers. You guys help me with a grocery list and I will be glad to pick that up on the way.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am riding in from Louisville TN. I plan on starting out early Thursday mourning taking scenic route. Depending on which route I take I'll be there sometime after lunch I'm thinking. John :cool:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Spending Friday night in Johnson City TN on my way down from DC. Will be there early Saturday morning. Anybody up for a small group ride on Saturday?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I'm pretty sure there will be group rides on both Fri and Sat...... and there will most likely be several different groups and possibly different routes. Some folks may want to do longer rides, some may want to do shorter rides. Some may want a fairly moderate pace, some may want to do a more "spirited" ride. Hopefully there will be something for anyone/everyone that wants to ride.

Reactions: SliderR1

·
Super Moderator
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone interested in a group cookout/meal Thursday evening?
If so...pizza, hot dogs, Coq au Vin, cokes, beer, what?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm pretty sure there will be group rides on both Fri and Sat...... and there will most likely be several different groups and possibly different routes. Some folks may want to do longer rides, some may want to do shorter rides. Some may want a fairly moderate pace, some may want to do a more "spirited" ride. Hopefully there will be something for anyone/everyone that wants to ride.
I'm planning on leading a smallish group on both Friday and Saturday. If there is interest, I would like them to be longer and little 'spirited' in pace.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm no cook...just a eat'r

But I'm down on a group cookout.....kind of a meet & greet...
A little tire kick'n ....
As long as it's not liver I can choke it down.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Saturday morning when the sun is just coming up I will be running 395/197 south out of Erwin down to Burnsville NC. If you haven't hit this road you need to add it too your list. Last time I rode it was back on my Triumph Street Triple R and that the fastest and hardest I had ever ridden that bike! Went to the Dragon the following day and was disappointed after running the Erwin route; you will challenge all your riding skills on 395 just North of Poplar; just don't let the hairpins eat you up.

·
Super Moderator
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Del, if you want to hook up with us, PM me your cell number and we'll work something out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Anyone interested in a group cookout/meal Thursday evening?
If so...pizza, hot dogs, Coq au Vin, cokes, beer, what?
Yet another reason I'm excited about this trip...to hopefully learn what "Coq au Vin" is!
I'm easy like Sunday morning, as long as we eat, I'm ok with just about anything(pending the results of the previously mentioned culinary riddle).

·
Registered
313 Posts
So I thought this'd be a good time to mention my dietary concerns: I only eat organic kale and virgin red palm oil.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I'll bring an extra quart of Mobil 1 15W-50 for ya...........in a pinch. I don't know if it's "virgin" or not, but the top of the container is sealed! :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts