Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with Debbie @ Alberts and was informed that only 4 lodge rooms have been reserved. That is disappointing. Of course we have reservations for three cabins, but there are still 6 lodge rooms available. Alberts is a small business and as such I am sensitive to their continued success. When they have to turn away new visitors, because of a block booking for our rally, they are turning away what likely will be future returning customers, as once new customers stay with Van and Debbie, they become lifelong customers. And I just can't live with the possibility that Van and Debbie lost business because I/we blocked rooms and then didn't reserve most of them.

Now...these are my personal feelings. Van and Debbie have never pressured me to release a portion of the block booking. Quite the opposite. They tell me not to worry. But I know the pressures of running a business with razor thin margins and I want to do my best not to hurt their bottom line.

So...with that said, you folks that are on the fence about coming, make up your minds in the next week, or two. April 20th I will be releasing unreserved rooms back to Alberts.
For the returning attendees, you know what a great time it is and for those that would be fresh recruits, all I can say is that it really is a decent bunch of folks riding what are without question, some of the best roads in America.

Call Alberts Inn @ 828-675-4691, reference Lloyd's Yamaha Rally May 31/June 3and make your reservations now.
Hoping to see more than a couple of dozen happy faces.

·
Super Moderator
5,631 Posts
I am going to echo exactly what Lloyd just stated above. Van and Debbie have been nothing but great hosts to our group and they deserve the timely consideration of letting them know whether or not we, as a group, are going to reserve some, most, or all of the available rooms that they have blocked aside for us. Be considerate and get the room booked if you are going to attend the rally and want to stay at their place! Treat them like you would like to be treated if you were the owner!

·
Super Moderator
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Make your plans now!!!
As expected, as soon as I released our unreserved rooms from the block booking...we lost two of them. The remaining open accommodations are a condo that sleeps 4 or 5 and 2 lodge rooms.
If you're coming, you better get on the good foot and call Debbie or Van. Be sure to reference Lloyd's Yamaha Rally when seeking reservations. 828-675-4691.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I have 2 rooms reserved at the Leza with Bowinkle...but due to changing plans, my buddy and I will only be in that area for 1 night and wont need the rooms at all..if anyone wants the rooms, contact Bowinkle...

I sent him a PM Sunday advising him of this , but have not received a response yet...obviously if no one takes them , I will still pay for them since I have committed to them

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
I have 2 rooms reserved at the Leza with Bowinkle...but due to changing plans, my buddy and I will only be in that area for 1 night and wont need the rooms at all..if anyone wants the rooms, contact Bowinkle...

I sent him a PM Sunday advising him of this , but have not received a response yet...obviously if no one takes them , I will still pay for them since I have committed to them
Hey CH, you're gonna wish you hung around for the whole deal! Trust me on this.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Hey CH, you're gonna wish you hung around for the whole deal! Trust me on this.
I dont doubt that for a minute...but we're gonna ride all through NC and Tennessee so coming back to the same spot each night won't work... we have one loop we wanna do that is 320 miles and 8 hours but its a full day away from the cabin...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts