Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up in Fresno for a couple of weeks. Working on the retirement house. Of course I brought the bike. Rode it over on Thursday.

After days or digging for a paver patio I was ready for a break....so got up early this morning and rode up in Disney Land. Aka the Sierra Nevadas.

The twisties begin about 3 miles from my house, how cool is that. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Very, very nice Hawker! You are going to retire in a very beautiful area it seems.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I found my FZ-09 at Wilson's in Fresno and had it delivered to the Bay Area back in early December. We also bought a house in the Sierra foothills for eventual retirement, although we'll be further north just outside of Placerville. We had been looking for a place last year, and I realized a couple of months into our search why I was rejecting some nice houses that we found online; no curvy roads nearby. I've been riding the mountain roads all around Alice's for 40 years now and retirement far from curvy roads would have been hell.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found my FZ-09 at Wilson's in Fresno and had it delivered to the Bay Area back in early December. We also bought a house in the Sierra foothills for eventual retirement, although we'll be further north just outside of Placerville. We had been looking for a place last year, and I realized a couple of months into our search why I was rejecting some nice houses that we found online; no curvy roads nearby. I've been riding the mountain roads all around Alice's for 40 years now and retirement far from curvy roads would have been hell.
Good o'l Wilson's. When I grew up in Fresno they were the premier shop. I used to race Montesa's for the rival shop across town. Doug Wilson would often tell me: "Tim you would really be fast if we could get you on a Bultaco."

He may have been right but I earned the number one plate in 1970 on the Montesa so I guess it was fast enough.

Placerville is a neat spot. Used to spend summers up there visiting my grandmother when I was young. Not far from beautiful Lake Tahoe. Good riding for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts