·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Always when I'm stabbing it to work...

back roads, maybe 70% of the time

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a pair of tight-fitting ear buds for the iphone. Sometimes I listen to music. The noise without is uncomfortable.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I never used to. I went on a 300km ride one day and my head was wrecked that night, the next time i rode i tried earplugs and now i wear them everywhere.
it cuts out the wind noise heaps.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Riding since '74, without ear plugs for many years. Also did some shooting/hunting etc. back in the day, although not that much really. Have been using ear plugs religiously for the past 12+ years and also use them on the rare occasions that I go to a noisy event. Went to an audiologist to get tested about 5 months ago, and she said that I'd be dead in 5 years. Or maybe she said I'd be deaf in 5 years... Seriously, I have a fair amount of hearing loss in the higher frequencies (I'm 58), more so in my left ear than my right. Makes it a bit hard to understand conversations in a noisy environment. Nothing you can do once it's lost- better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
every time. I use custom molded plugs with filters in them so i can hear conversations when I'm at the lights, but i don't go deaf.
Well, deafer.
Too long with loud bikes and heavy metal gigs. I wear plugs everytime I ride, and at gigs.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I didn't used to wear them, but do a lot of the time now.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I voted yes. But, I do ride with out them about 1/2 the time.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Huh? What? Oh yeah, I don't wear them. Not.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
keef where did you get your custom ones from?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yes. Once hearing is gone, it never comes back.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
People say to me that they can't hear what's going on if they wear ear plugs. I find that I can hear much better what's going on if I have ear plugs in. It does take some getting used to, no argument there, but after wearing them for a while you'll find that if you don't wear them everything just sounds chaotic and annoying.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts