1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Am I the only one so far in E. TN that has:

1. Found this forum
2. Plans on buying a new FZ 09

Edited...........Wow, it's been almost a week now and no responses. Y'all keep this up and I'm going to be the only guy riding one through Deals Gap this fall! Hmmm, I could be the first one on Killboy.com, US129photos.com, Moonshiner.com, and all the rest of them that shoot pics up there. I'd be like an alien or something on a new UFO!! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in Panama City, FL and plan on riding everywhere I can. This will be my first bike but once I get comfortable I will be riding everywhere I can.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I'm in Panama City, FL and plan on riding everywhere I can. This will be my first bike but once I get comfortable I will be riding everywhere I can.
Nice! I lived on the beach for two years. Welcome to the site.

As for your triple, it looks like you are the Lone Ranger out that way. Hopefully we see some new members from that direction soon enough.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No, Triplethreat, you won't be the only one. And you may not be the one to have your pic taken first, depending on when mine comes in. Actually, I'll be the one who looks like an alien, because I've got kids older'n you!
Seriously, I look forward to meeting you, my friend!
P.S:
Bet I'm slower'n you.
Bikes: 1200S Bandit, 125 Scorpa trials comp. And soon......red FZ09.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
That does it, I am riding straight form my shop to The Gap to get US129 and Killboy to snap my photo first.

·
Super Moderator
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Super Moderator
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stillkickin.......dude, if you have kids older than me.....you must be three days older than DIRT!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wrong,Triple...4 days older! Just kiddin'. I'm74. Had my right hip replaced 34 days ago. Rode the Bandit @32 days after replacement. Awaiting '09 from MM @ exit7. Will get left hip replaced this winter, hopefully. I guess I'm expected to ride a cruiser at my age......Wrong.

Momma said "never look into the eyes of the sun".......But Momma, that's where the fun is!

·
Super Moderator
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wrong,Triple...4 days older! Just kiddin'. I'm74. Had my right hip replaced 34 days ago. Rode the Bandit @32 days after replacement. Awaiting '09 from MM @ exit7. Will get left hip replaced this winter, hopefully. I guess I'm expected to ride a cruiser at my age......Wrong.

Momma said "never look into the eyes of the sun".......But Momma, that's where the fun is!
I can honestly say, even though I'm 59 (almost), I don't feel like a frumpy old man.....and at 74 and still riding like you do, my hat is off to you Sir! I've been in MM several times, but I live in Blount county and I'm about half way between Murvil and Vonore, so that is quite the drive for me. I'm getting mine at Alcoa Good Times, which is a 30 minute drive from my house. I'm getting the Red one also. When they come in, we'll have to get together and take a ride over to the hill. That would look sweet.....two Red FZ's leaned over and going through the Gap.

Glad to hear that your hip replacement went well and good luck with the left hip this winter. And, just because I'm such a nice guy, I'll even offer to keep the cobwebs blown out of your FZ this winter/spring if you need me to during your short re-hab time.
I'm looking forward to meeting you also.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah, Triple, we could call it the "11 mile kids tour" or some other just-as-ridiculous moniker.
I appreciate your offer re:cobwebs, but I don't think there will be any!
I am thankful to still be able to ride a sportbike, although decidedly not as fast as I'd like to ride, nor for as long as I would like, as I get tired and sore pretty quick. But I get a great deal of satisfaction, as does my girlfriend, from riding the "twisties".
And there are no"chicken strips" on my Q2's.
Here's looking forward to getting together!

·
Banned
161 Posts
I swear I saw you on your FZ at the Gap. I was just getting ready to leave, it was like 5:30 PM or so. I was out there on my SV650. Just saw you for a minute, didn't wanna bother you as it seemed some people already were talking to you about the bike.
Looking back on it I wish I had asked you to let me sit on it!!

·
Super Moderator
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Must be another one in the area.......Mom won't let me stay out that late!

·
Banned
161 Posts
Damnit Im so jealous! I want to ride one of those things so badly...and to do it on the dragon of all places?!?! phew...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Graphite in Louisville TN.

Moved here about a year ago, it's great !

I now say Louisville like the natives: Louis Ville, lol

They told me that Louisville is in KY, lol

·
Super Moderator
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Graphite in greenback.
Dang, you're just across 411 from me...I'm on Howard School Rd. When did you get it? Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts