Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been interested in the e series. I like the idea of the disc pack but not so much the coloring the pack could change to. How much louder is the billet cap? Any pics of the disc pack after changing colors?

I like the look of the billet but don't want any problems from the HOA.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi frosky - Here is a sound byte video with both the Billet End Cap (no Discs), along with another with the Titanium End Cap/Disc Pack assembly.

http://www.fz09.org/forum/81-fuel-moto/48289-fuel-moto-e-series-slip.html#post673801

Personally, I like the way it sounds with the Disc Pack; deeper and lower frequency. And obviously if you wanted to, you always have the option to remove some of the Discs to make it quieter (if you had issues with your HOA). We have guys who have to deal with HOA's, and they simply keep the revs down to a minimum while they're in there.

The Titanium End Cap assembly/Discs will change color with heat. Just the nature of Titanium and perfectly normal. Depending on the heat and fuel put to it, it can turn brown to copper color. It can also turn light powder blue to purple color. Just depends on the use. But pretty easy to tell when Titanium parts are being used:D. Here's a pic after a dyno session.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I love how it sounds with all the discs in. It isn’t obnoxiously loud either. Nice and deep. I’ll try to go get a picture later. Mine have changed some but not as much as the ones in FuelMoto’s picture.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If this system works like the SuperTapp Tunable Exhaust system, you can remove disc to make it quieter, but it also increases the back pressure and enriches carburetion. How does this affect the ECU Mapping?
Similar when making adjustments. The system comes with a detailed Tuning Manual explaining. Area P President, Kerry Bryant, worked at SuperTrapp for about 13 years during their glory years in the 80's - 90's. Then moved on to White Brothers for 9 years and designed/patented the E-Series while he was there. We partnered with him here at Fuel Moto years ago and brought it back to life

Removing Discs can richen up the mapping. We've found that using 8 - 12 Discs works well with our ECU Flash. Here's some more general info -
E-Series Exhaust - Area P :: No Limits

1 - 7 of 7 Posts