Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
My 18 MT 09 is soon going out of warranty. Im planning to add akrapovič titanium, with DB killer, and without catalyst.
As im close to 20k km i will change air filter to new original (i dont think that more open filters are good for long life), fresh oil.
Flash will be done with me as supervisor and local tuner using woolich software on a dyno.

Any suggestions as we have three maps? In my country we have 100 octane unleaded and 95 octane unleaded....maybe 1 map for 100, one map for 95 and one map for rain mode 95?

Do i need to install block of plates for AIS?
On woolich webpage it is mentioned
  • Disable PAIR Valve / AIS

Any suggestions?
Ty

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi mate, there is no such thing on the MT as 3 different fuel maps for each mode, sadly the ecu only knows 1 map for each cylinder. Only 3 different ETV maps are possible. Ignition, maybe, but the tuner needs to alter the ignition maps that are not used by the bike originally (there are like 7-8 different ignition tables). AIS needs to be disabled if you dont want the decel pops, or if you install an aftermarket wideband controller/autotuner and while the bike is on the dyno (so the additional air going into the exhaust from the AIS doesnt dilute the original mixture, hence giving it a false reading/showing that its lean).
At least, this is what I have gained in knowledge over the past year or so when messing around with the bike. But ask your tuner first, and make him look into the software, what it allows and what it doesnt allow to alter.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know there are at least 3 TPS maps, by fealing (A STD B mode). I will se what is available, i never participated in tuning of MT09, tuner did few MT09s and tracers.
This is from the site
Features available for Yamaha FZ-09 / MT-09 2016-2020
  • IAP Fuel Maps
  • TPS Fuel Maps
  • Ignition Timing Maps
  • Ignition Dwell Map/s
  • Electronic Throttle Valve (ETV) Maps
  • Coolant Temp Idle Compensation
  • Acceleration Enrichment
  • Injector Timing Map/s
  • Adjust RPM Limiter
  • Adjust Fan Temperature
  • Quickshifter - (Requires Race Tools)
  • Autoblipper - (Requires Race Tools)
  • Launch Control - (Requires Race Tools)
  • Pit Lane Limiter - (Requires Race Tools)
  • Engine Warm Up - (Requires Race Tools)
  • Race Shift Pattern Sensor Configuration - (Requires Race Tools)
  • Disable Stock O2 Sensor
  • Disable Deceleration Fuel Cut
  • Disable PAIR Valve / AIS
  • Disable Top Speed Limiter
  • Engine Data - View Live Engine Data
  • Woolich Racing AutoTune - (Requires Applicable LogBox + Zeitronix Package)
  • Diagnostics: Read and Clear Fault Codes - (Requires Applicable V3 Interface)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts