Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 Matte Gray FZ-09 waiting in a crate at the dealer until I am able to pick it up on March 3rd. Here is a list of goodies I already have sitting at home for the FZ:

Rizoma LED Tail Light
Rizoma Graffio Turn Signals (front and rear)
Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Kit
LED Flasher Relay
Tripage LED Headlight Bulb
Saddleman Sport Seat
EvoTech Air Intake Guards
EvoTech Radiator Guard
K&N Oil Filter
Royal Purple High Performance Break In Oil

I also had the dealer swap out the stock tires for some Michelin CT2 Pilot Tires had a set on my 2007 R6 and loved them!

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting a new FZ..........almost! Nice list of mods ya got goin' there.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Welcome DWheels and have fun doing the mods. But, when are you going to ride it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome DWheels and have fun doing the mods. But, when are you going to ride it?
I am currently deployed overseas. I am going home to Daytona Beach for some much needed R&R on March 2nd. Daytona bike week is March 6th to March 16th. Then is is back overseas for another 6 months!

·
Registered
654 Posts
congrats on the new bike and thank you for your service

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks River! Also looking at the Carbon Akrapovic exhaust with a power commander. Any opinions on this setup or maybe something better I am not seeing?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks River! Also looking at the Carbon Akrapovic exhaust with a power commander. Any opinions on this setup or maybe something better I am not seeing?
If you get an aftermarket exhaust, you need to tune your ECU accordingly. The power commander is one way to KIND OF do this... but there are more things you can do by removing and shipping out your ECU to get flashed. For instance, there is a smog injection valve that you would need to block off via physical plates if you get the Power Commander, but if you get the right flash it will simply tell the valve to not open anymore. It improves the throttle mapping too. Stoltec designed the ECU flash for Akrapovic Carbon exhausts and that would be the place I would look straight away after I purchase the exact same exhaust. Welcome aboard our... board!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you get an aftermarket exhaust, you need to tune your ECU accordingly. The power commander is one way to KIND OF do this... but there are more things you can do by removing and shipping out your ECU to get flashed. For instance, there is a smog injection valve that you would need to block off via physical plates if you get the Power Commander, but if you get the right flash it will simply tell the valve to not open anymore. It improves the throttle mapping too. Stoltec designed the ECU flash for Akrapovic Carbon exhausts and that would be the place I would look straight away after I purchase the exact same exhaust. Welcome aboard our... board!

Thanks for the info. Definitely will go this route.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I am currently deployed overseas. I am going home to Daytona Beach for some much needed R&R on March 2nd. Daytona bike week is March 6th to March 16th. Then is is back overseas for another 6 months!
Welcome to the forum. You will love the bike!
I do hope you get more than a week of R&R to enjoy the bike.

You may not hear it or you may hear it too much but from this veteran, I thank you for the sacrifices you are making and the efforts you are putting in for our Country.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forum. You will love the bike!
I do hope you get more than a week of R&R to enjoy the bike.

You may not hear it or you may hear it too much but from this veteran, I thank you for the sacrifices you are making and the efforts you are putting in for our Country.
Thanks! I get 15 days total then 6 more months of deployment.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for your service man! I'm getting medically discharged right now, have done 6 years myself. I had a speed triple waiting for me after deployment :) This bike is an absolute blast!!! Can't say enough food things about it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for your service man! I'm getting medically discharged right now, have done 6 years myself. I had a speed triple waiting for me after deployment :) This bike is an absolute blast!!! Can't say enough food things about it
That sucks about the medical discharge! Hope it isn't too serious. Enjoy the new speed triple!

I just talked to the dealer and the bike is still in the crate and will be built first thing in the morning on Tuesday! Can't wait to pick it up and start the mods!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts