Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Thanks..just placed an order....dont need them yet, but Ill have them when I do..:)

·
Registered
187 Posts
jakewilson has em for $218-234. just bought mine

Reactions: ak_rr

·
Registered
187 Posts
it'll fit, it'll just handle differently. save the 20 bucks and get the right size tire.

Reactions: ak_rr

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Great tires with amazing grip. However, for those new to this tire, be aware of the stiffer carcass. You WILL feel the difference. This may or may not be a good thing. But on the track and/or good smooth roads, these tires are nothing short of amazing.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Nick, so on a rough road the Q3 will feel harsher even with your great suspension? Is there a tire with a more average carcass and comparable grip, quick warm up and longevity that you would recommend?

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Personally, I regret running these on the OUR roads. YMMV.

Personally, I really like the Michelin Pilot family, but I also liked the stock Bridgestone S20's. Aside from their single compound carcass that didn't stand up to my abusive right wrist (2400 miles out of a rear...two track days, though), the grip, feel, and compliance was good.

Again, I'm not ripping on these tires. The grip and feel is amazing. They just transmit a LOT of feel.

·
Registered
118 Posts
190/55 does fit the oem rim with no modifications it doesn't rub anywhere..
I have had the battlax s20 190/55 on my rear for 1000miles now and I absolutely love it! The transitional steering takes a tad more effort but it didn't slow me down at all.. u will have 1/8-1/4 chicken strips left when u hit the factory peg feelers and the extra contact patch when at that angle makes me feel a lot more stable

·
Registered
474 Posts
I jumped on this deal for my next set. At 1700 miles my OEM rear dunlop is staring to square a bit. I will probably need to swap by 2500 at this rate.

Reactions: MoFZio
1 - 11 of 11 Posts