Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
image.jpg

I can't seriously comment on the stock tires. They were off after I rode the bike 4 miles

I put on a pair of Dunlop q3 one week ago and here my 0.2 in as brief as I can (running 32/33 psi).

They warm up very quickly, stick like glue, and seduce you to go even faster through turns. I'm a regular michelin user on my other bikes but decided to try these out. So far I'd say they are on par with the pp3 and I'll soon know about the lean angle which some riders have boasted this line of Dunlop tire (q2/q3) as peg-scrape-able

Money well spent thus far. I would buy them again but I'd like to try them in the wet first

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I put the Q3's on mine also, back in October when I bought the bike. It had 2 miles on it when the original rubber came off and the Q3's went on. Try dropping the pressures even a bit more... 30/30 cold pressure.

·
Registered
877 Posts
View attachment 4289

I can't seriously comment on the stock tires. They were off after I rode the bike 4 miles

I put on a pair of Dunlop q3 one week ago and here my 0.2 in as brief as I can (running 32/33 psi).

They warm up very quickly, stick like glue, and seduce you to go even faster through turns. I'm a regular michelin user on my other bikes but decided to try these out. So far I'd say they are on par with the pp3 and I'll soon know about the lean angle which some riders have boasted this line of Dunlop tire (q2/q3) as peg-scrape-able

Money well spent thus far. I would buy them again but I'd like to try them in the wet first
Hell, the OEM Dunlops will do that. :angel9:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put the Q3's on mine also, back in October when I bought the bike. It had 2 miles on it when the original rubber came off and the Q3's went on. Try dropping the pressures even a bit more... 30/30 cold pressure.
I will certainly try that for next weekends twisty. This weekend has been all sunshine and wheelies on my supermoto :headbang:

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I will certainly try that for next weekends twisty. This weekend has been all sunshine and wheelies on my supermoto :headbang:
When I took the bike to Road Atlanta last fall, right after I got it, I actually ran 25psi cold in the rear and 27psi cold in the front on the Q3's. I normally run the 30/30 on the street though, as I don't ride nearly as "spirited" as I do on the track!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I took the bike to Road Atlanta last fall, right after I got it, I actually ran 25psi cold in the rear and 27psi cold in the front on the Q3's. I normally run the 30/30 on the street though, as I don't ride nearly as "spirited" as I do on the track!
Temps here are 30deg Celsius pretty much year round. I'll deflnately do the 30 psi cold next weekend.

Now, if I can just get the guts to wheelie that FZ like I do my motard ....

image.jpg

·
Registered
473 Posts
Replacing my badly worn OEM Dunlop D214. I have around 3200 miles. The center is flat squared off. Going with OEM Bridgestone S20. Noticed my front wheel has a lead weight but rear has no weight?

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Every time he passed me, I could see more and more rubber flyin' off that tire! :cool:

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
79 Posts
S20's are actually pretty good. Though, the rear is just about toast at 2k for me. I have a pile of Q3's here...
Nah mine is pretty worn at 1400... if I hadn't just had to put a plug in it I'd have been surprised to make it to 2000... I'll go back to my pirelli angels though.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
My rear s20 is at 4200mi and I hit wear bars like 400mi ago in the center. Plenty of life left on the sides with probably 10-12 canyon rides on them .
I usually roll the rear tire to just before cords in the center lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts