Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...it was bound to happen some time. On my way to the gym today I hit a gravel patch in a corner. I take the same corner every time so I was not expecting it to be there (should have been paying attention though). Fortunately I was not going too fast, about 20 km/h (that's about 12 mph for my friends down south). It is unfortunate that this happened but I will take this as a lesson to not get too comfortable with my daily routes. The road surface may not be the same as it was the day before. Maybe this is karma for suggesting on here that I made a mistake buying the M4 instead of waiting for the Comp Werks slip-on, but who knows...

WP_20140616_17_12_40_Pro.jpg
WP_20140616_17_12_48_Pro.jpg
WP_20140616_17_17_46_Pro.jpg

·
Registered
555 Posts
I wouldnt say its a mistake...........the M4 looks far better than the CW IMO. Just not in the condition yours is in now lol.

I nearly had an off the other morning via the same method, local everyday route....not paying attention to the road surface in front carefully enough...........big rear slide. However I got lucky. Was a reminder to me also.

Good to see minimal damage though!!! And your safe!!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Sux, glad it wasn't worse. Maybe use Woodcraft case protectors (soon to be available) from Stoltec to cover those engine ouchies.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Yes, glad you're OK. That's most important. Best wishes for putting the FZ-09 back to prime condition!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I came close to a similar incident when leaving home one morning - wasn't paying enough attention and failed to noticed some dirt on a bend. Was a really slow turn coming out of my local road so was barely going 15km Id say but any lean on dirt has an effect and my back end went for some fish tail action.

Certainly woke me up (and made me need a change of underwear) - somehow I kept it upright.

·
Registered
657 Posts
At least you came out fine. Girls dig scars I hear, so they'll like your bike even more.

Reactions: schultzy

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Oh man that's a bummer Eddie. Glad you are ok.

Bike parts are easy to replace. Body parts not so easy.

I grew up riding dirt bikes and used to be a racer. Dry slick dirt makes you very aware of what is ahead in terms of traction.

So when I ride the street I have that same mindset of carefully watching the surface ahead. This has saved my bacon on a number of occasions.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sorry to hear you dropped your FZ, but at least you're OK and the damage looks very minimal. Hope you get her patched up soon!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Bummer! Glad youre ok. Should be pretty easy to repair all that stuff. Hopefully those woodcraft case savers are coming out soon.

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Happy you're OK. The good news is that your damage is minimal and actually pretty inexpensive to fix.

Sux, glad it wasn't worse. Maybe use Woodcraft case protectors (soon to be available) from Stoltec to cover those engine ouchies.
Per my conversation with Woodcraft yesterday, the FZ-09 case protectors are next in their production queue. That's all I know at this time...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts