Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
dude this is awesome - are they constantly on like the stock turn signals are - i'm assuming so? Want to make a kit for me? :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks! Yes they operate just like the factory signals, I did replace the blinker module with a led compatible one. I might be up for building a few kits. I'll have to figure up a cost, kind of lost track when building, I did a few with different LEDs until I found what I liked.

·
Registered
120 Posts
neat idea, what's the empty hole for?

My engineer brain immediately had a couple ideas: Not sure if you've considered it or maybe it's too complicated but I'd love to see if you can fit 3 columns with decreasing LEDs (triangular - to match the shape of the scoop and turning direction) and set them up as sequential lights. Kind of like the newer mustang turn signals - see video

·
Registered
128 Posts
Where did you purchase the carbon pieces from?

Looks cool.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the great responses!

Rideittor- the hole is just for a little airflow, probably not necessary but I'm always cautious, there is a small heat sink that is shared between the leds, they get pretty hot, they are 1 watters. I thought about doing rows but quickly realized there wasn't quite enough realestate there for how I was doing it.

Upsidedown- I bought a small sheet of carbon fiber and cut the shapes myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could also do just carbon fiber block offs, no holes, that would be super easy, little different look over the factory mesh

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
neat idea, what's the empty hole for?

My engineer brain immediately had a couple ideas: Not sure if you've considered it or maybe it's too complicated but I'd love to see if you can fit 3 columns with decreasing LEDs (triangular - to match the shape of the scoop and turning direction) and set them up as sequential lights. Kind of like the newer mustang turn signals - see video

I tried this a while back with EL-Wire, It looked decent but not as good as I wanted.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Funny thing I was just thinking about using my power wire for the running lights up front and place some LED lights behind the mesh screen for running lights...this looks good !

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
To all concerned.....Remember, in order to sell product on this forum, other than Personal item, you must become a supporting vendor. PM NickJ for details on how to move forward with that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am PM'ing NickJ right now.....

I am also trying to figure out what it would cost me to make these. What do you guys think they would be worth? I know that's a loaded question, but be honest.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
gauge6900 - do you hve any side shots of the lights - just curious what side on visibility looks like?

I've seen retail front markers range from $60 to $120. Personally If side on visibility is good and I wouldn't need to also replace the front pumpkin lights - I'd pay the high end of that range. If the lights are recessed and side visibility is limited - I'd pay towards the lower end as id still would want to replace the front turn signals for that visibility.

That's just me though - whether you decide to sell more or not - it's a great mod - thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts