Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this? Strange the Ducati website hasn't updated the info with the passing of Carlin Dunne. Terrible loss for everyone.

https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/bikes/streetfighter-v4

I don't think it's totally off topic because, as I see it, this is the ultimate progression of a naked bike like the FZ 09 - I guess competing with the Aprillia Tuono v4.

Admittedly, I am not nearly ready for the kind of bike cost and power, but wow! What a bike. If I were in the market, the Carlin Dunne thing is spooky and would give me 2nd thoughts.

Hopefully the production models have the paint job toned down a bit.

Streetfighter-V4.jpg

·
Registered
469 Posts
Why is the Carlin Dunne death spooky? It was a race bike on a very tricky mountain course with little runoff and few guardrails. It so happened that he hit a series of frost heaves just yards form the finish line that caused a highside. It's a damned shame that he lost his life but he went into it knowing what was there.

Unfortunately, Pikes Peak is seriously considering excluding bikes in the future because of deaths two years in a row (IIRC). Both were right at the finish.

Helluva bike though...glad I don't have that kind of money laying around, my MT does just fine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dunno, I was just kind of *fantasizing* about buying the bike, and within a week of knowing it exists the accident happened. Almost like the universe was saying "don't even think about getting that bike, dumbass".

I love my FZ09, also. Finally got on after 4 weeks off due to vacation and other stuff. I forgot just how much of a beast it is! Having so much fun even in hot Texas summer I burned a whole tank of gas before putting her away.

·
Registered
469 Posts
LOL, I hear you. When I see a bike like that, I immediately say to myself: You're not 30 anymore and haven't been for a good long time. My MT can get me into enough trouble, thank you.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I dunno, I was just kind of *fantasizing* about buying the bike, and within a week of knowing it exists the accident happened. Almost like the universe was saying "don't even think about getting that bike, dumbass".
That doesn't leave much choice in bikes then, a lot of people have been killed on any brand/model you care to name.
It's the nature of our beast.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Definitely an awesome bike and I'd love to have one in my garage when I can financially afford one. I've lusted after the 1290 super duke since my first bike, but, I'm not anywhere close to being able to responsibly afford one.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I hope Ducati goes forward with this bike and keeps the paint scheme with variations instead of the same boring shit as every manufacturer is/has done.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,662 Posts
I hope Ducati goes forward with this bike and keeps the paint scheme with variations instead of the same boring shit as every manufacturer is/has done.
Clean it up just a little and make it a Carlin Dunne tribute model, and it would be a hit. If I was a little bit younger - and a little bit richer - I would be first in line for one!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts