Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
That's pretty astonishing, but 200+ hp on a naked bike? You'd need arms like an orangutang to ride it.
Or you'd soon have them.

Reactions: MJ-09

·
Registered
192 Posts
Prototype looked astonishing but now that I see the production release with the headlight assembly , chunky passenger seat, and god aweful looking exhaust... Exhaust would obviously be first to go to fix that issue but they made the whole bike look chunky and disproportionate in places. I know I'm being incredibly critical but if I was going to spend that kind of money on a bike with the Ducati name, I'd expect the thing to look like pure sex from every angle.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That's pretty astonishing, but 200+ hp on a naked bike? You'd need arms like an orangutang to ride it.
Or you'd soon have them.
Guy here in Brisbane has a Triumph Street Triple R 675 who custom fabbed a intercooler and turbo'd it, after a few runs on the Dyno got 235HP.

Reactions: LouG

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Guy here in Brisbane has a Triumph Street Triple R 675 who custom fabbed a intercooler and turbo'd it, after a few runs on the Dyno got 235HP.
I don't think I'd like to ride with a frag grenade between my legs. What boost?

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,660 Posts
Prototype looked astonishing but now that I see the production release with the headlight assembly , chunky passenger seat, and god aweful looking exhaust... Exhaust would obviously be first to go to fix that issue but they made the whole bike look chunky and disproportionate in places. I know I'm being incredibly critical but if I was going to spend that kind of money on a bike with the Ducati name, I'd expect the thing to look like pure sex from every angle.
I reluctantly agree. I'll reserve final judgement until I see it in the flesh, though. For some reason, the front end looks lower and more "squished" than the PP bike. And all the red bodywork flowing from the side panels to the tank with no break in color kind of looks weird to me. Maybe a strip of carbon fiber separating those two sections would help?

On the other hand, this bike will be a ready-to-modify platform with tons of aftermarket goodies available, and it wouldn't take much - other than money - to make it look quite different from stock.

Besides, I imagine this thing will be so exhilarating to ride, you won't have time to worry about how it looks!

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
4,833 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sexy bike but the ergo throw me off.

looks like he is relay hunched over reading the news APP a Sunday morning

·
Registered
92 Posts
Surely the blue line isn't a

The blue line isn't a baseline run is it? That seems a ridiculous amount of power from 11 psi.
It's within 50 - 70 hp of my 2 litre turbo car running 15 psi. Granted it's spinning much higher but still it's amazing.
He did a few runs, tweaking it up to the 226HP / 324 ft/lb torque

1 - 12 of 12 Posts