Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was up North of Seattle yesterday killing time before the Sprint Car races at Skagit Speedway and went into a dealership that sells all makes except HD.I came acros the Ducati Diavel holy crap I fell in love with the look of the bike the guy was telling me all about it he offered me the keys to the demo I said I dont have my helmet with me he said no problem we have helmets I said see that truck out there if I take this for a ride it will go in the back of that and I'll be living out of it because the wife will be kicking me out ha ha.He say's any time you want to take it for a ride come on up.Being a machinist I appreciate good craftmanship that bike is gorgous the black carbon bike is sweet .1200 cc 162 hp nice :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
They are incredibly beautiful bikes, they don't look particularly useful for anything but looking badass and going fast...if i had room for a non commuter/just for fun bike i would definitely jump on one myself!

Reactions: rtsb

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
They are Gorgeous Bikes. But Big & Heavy. Beautiful in Photo's as well as in person. Would be great "upstate" anywhere, USA, on the highway:cool:

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Best looking bike out there if you ask me. It would be nice to have $20K to spend on a bike just for bike nights.
I spent a little over $9k for my FZ-09 for Night Rides, lol

Back to the subject at hand, there are many Used out there for $10 to $15k:cool:

·
Registered
835 Posts
They are Gorgeous Bikes. But Big & Heavy. Beautiful in Photo's as well as in person. Would be great "upstate" anywhere, USA, on the highway:cool:
460lbs dry weight ain't terrible and the Diavel out-performs anything else in its class in handling. Probably will be my next bike. :D

Reactions: rtsb and Steve101

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I was offered a 3 year old used one with only 350 miles for $13,500 a week B4 buying the FZ-09. Felt it was a tad too big for me.

I'll always wonder what could have been.....but no regrets.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I was offered a 3 year old used one with only 350 miles for $13,500 a week B4 buying the FZ-09. Felt it was a tad too big for me.

I'll always wonder what could have been.....but no regrets.
Ah, I still think the FZ09 is a much more usable bike but that Diavel is definitely sexy and a head-turner!

Reactions: Steve101 and rtsb

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Agreed:cool:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I love the looks of the Diavel. I don't care for the 6000 mile service intervals and the cost of said services. My friend has a Ducati HyperMotard and he has to take it to the dealer to have the maintenance light cleared, even if he does the work himself. I like to look at exotics but I'll never own one. Japanese stuff just works and it's cheap to fix/insure.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Absolutely love these bikes. Going back to the thread on back roads and canyon drives with the Florida guys complaining about having nothing but flat, boring roads... if I lived down there, a Diavel would be my ride :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
First time I rode one (had full Termis) and stood up straight up in 2nd gear, I knew the Italians had done it right. Its almost like a 1098 just less menacing. It actually can handle some curves better that you would expect.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Ah, I still think the FZ09 is a much more usable bike but that Diavel is definitely sexy and a head-turner!
Yea. The Diavel is the SportsIllustrated bikini Cover Girl while the FZ-09 is the Girl Next Door Type that's a ton of fun to be with.

Believe it or not, there's some dude married to that Cover Girl and after a while he too is Bored to tears, lol

I'll keep my FZ-09:cool:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Yea. The Diavel is the SportsIllustrated bikini Cover Girl while the FZ-09 is the Girl Next Door Type that's a ton of fun to be with.

Believe it or not, there's some dude married to that Cover Girl and after a while he too is Bored to tears, lol

I'll keep my FZ-09:cool:
Whoa whoa, I'm sure the Diavel has a great personality to go with that sexy body!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Whoa whoa, I'm sure the Diavel has a great personality to go with that sexy body!
I'll put my FZ-09's personality up against any sexy models'.....you may win the first sixty - ninety days, but I have No doubt I'll win in the long term.....Not to mention the High maintenance costs of That model you'll be riding, LOL:cool:

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'll put my FZ-09's personality up against any sexy models'.....you may win the first sixty - ninety days, but I have No doubt I'll win in the long term.....Not to mention the High maintenance costs of That model you'll be riding, LOL:cool:
lol no kidding, I bet that Diavel has a bit more maintenance than my 9er!

I'm totally cool with this down-to-earth, everyday rider.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I love the looks of the Diavel. I don't care for the 6000 mile service intervals and the cost of said services.
the valve adjustment intervals are every 15,000 miles on the testastretta motors. that's not too bad.

as for cost....well, it's a ducati. nobody buys a ducati because they're cheap to maintain.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts