Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded bikes today with my friend on a little ride. I was pretty jealous of his new used purchase, a 2010 1198 ss. So while it's blistering fast, sounds awesome, and will power wheelie to over 110mph, I couldn't really enjoy it. The super aggressive ride position, rock hard seat, exhaust cooking my ass, useless mirrors, no power under 5k. The list goes on. He can keep it. I'm happy I made the right choice with the fz:)

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Nice to KNOW you've got a GREAT Bike!

Reactions: giebsfz

·
Registered
184 Posts
Traded bikes today with my friend on a little ride. I was pretty jealous of his new used purchase, a 2010 1198 ss. So while it's blistering fast, sounds awesome, and will power wheelie to over 110mph, I couldn't really enjoy it. The super aggressive ride position, rock hard seat, exhaust cooking my ass, useless mirrors, no power under 5k. The list goes on. He can keep it. I'm happy I made the right choice with the fz:)
I've owned two 1198s and a 1098. I disagree with you when you say the bike has no power under 5k. I do agree with you about the other stuff you mentioned. That said, I love Ducati.

A 1098/1198 is a horrible city bike. They are in their element on the track or in the canyons (I'm from California). The FZ-09 is a great city bike and can also be a good track or canyon bike with some work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts