Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had some request for a plug n play USB power outlet.
Here it is. Mounting bracket can be attached to flat surface or bars if you would like. Outlet can be removed from the bracket as well. Has a water protective cover to keep the connections closed when not in use. We will install the OEM plug for your accessory outleft located behind your right mid cover making this plug n play.

Was considering carry just a single outlet as well. Let me know your thoughts and if you would like to get one. I have more accessory plugs on the way so I can make these plug n play. If you want to connect to your battery you can as well just let me know. Thanks. T

I will work on putting this on the site but as always you guys are seeing the products before they are "available"

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a similar setup on the FZ09 and the wife’s R3. I found they are connected straight to the battery is seems to put a slow drain on it. I rerouted the connection to a switch 12v source and they work great.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What would the price be on this? And is there a way to avoid the insane $9 shipping cost?
The $8 shipping is on all products The cheapest up to the most expensive. We do this so we don't have to raise our prices on our products just when USPS raises their price witch is usually 2-3 times a year. so weather you buy $10 worth of items or $500 worth of items it's still $8. Sorry but it's easier than changing all the prices on the site to just change the shipping cost. Also easier than having to ship by weight!!! I would love to do free shipping but I have to change the price multiple times a year to reflect postage increases.

$33 shipped in the US with the Accessory plug attached.
$25 shipped in the US with battery connections attached.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I'm just not a fan of subsidizing someone's shipping on their $500 order with my $25 order.
Your not. I factor the $8 with all prices when they are set.

·
Registered
129 Posts

I'd be interested in this. Do you have any pics of it installed and how the wiring is run?

And so gsatterw quits bitching, I'll pay $8 for his shipping.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I'd be interested in this. Do you have any pics of it installed and how the wiring is run?

And so gsatterw quits bitching, I'll pay $8 for his shipping.
I can install this on my grom to show you what it looks like installed on bars. It has double stick tape for the flat mount or bar mount. As shown in the pictures is how it would sit. Routing wires, I don't have a fz on hand to do this but once you remove the right cover you will see the plug and you can route the wires out with your other wires and up the triple tree to the bars to mount. You could probably put this on the inside of the frame just inside the tank if you wanted. Depends on how you are going to use it.

IMG_1078.jpg IMG_1110.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here it is. Mounting bracket can be attached to flat surface or bars if you would like. Outlet can be removed from the bracket as well. Has a water protective cover to keep the connections closed when not in use. We will install the OEM plug for your accessory outleft located behind your right mid cover making this plug n play.

Was considering carry just a single outlet as well. Let me know your thoughts and if you would like to get one. I have more accessory plugs on the way so I can make these plug n play. If you want to connect to your battery you can as well just let me know. Thanks. T

I will work on putting this on the site but as always you guys are seeing the products before they are "available"

Do you have any other specs on this charger? Specifically, what is the power output? ( 500mA? 1A? 2.1A?)

Thanks!

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Do you have any other specs on this charger? Specifically, what is the power output? ( 500mA? 1A? 2.1A?)

Thanks!
2.1amps output for this.

·
Registered
505 Posts
This sub-conversation about shipping costs is off-topic, but I thought I'd put in my two cents. I've completely switched over to USPS when I personally send stuff. And, my company, at my urging, has closed all their accounts with FexEx and UPS. They now ship exclusively with USPS, which has saved them a considerable amount annually. They've really got their act together in the last couple of years. And I don't think their pricing changes that much. I'm guessing a lot of the smaller stuff you sell would fit into the $5.75 flat rate box. But it really isn't that big of a deal to weigh stuff on a postal scale integrated with their software to setup a shipping cost one time and store it in your product database.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts