Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I am wanting to do a mild conversion of my 2016 Fz-09 to a dual Sport. I am going If start riding more gravel roads and am looking for appropriate tires. I have been looking at the shinko 704. my issue that I see is the Rim is 180 and the widest they make is 170. I have never went smaller than what comes stock on any kind of tire change. I've always went up. has anyone had expience with this? and before it gets brought up, I know there are manufactures that make 180 but Im not looking to spend $200.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
553 Posts
You don't really need dual sport tires for gravel roads.
If you want them then tkc80s are the off-road standard.

Dunlop has a new 'mutant' tire that looks interesting, but I haven't seen any reviews yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently have the Q3 + and dont have alot of issues but just a little loose. I want to be able to go more places with confidence. I also think that the F2-09 will look really tough lookin like a dual sport.I am moving from Southwest Missouri to Colorado in July So I plan/hope to do more offroad exploring

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
I pulled this from Adventure Rider. It is a "concept" from motorock, one of the members here.
( He lives in The Big Apple so I guess that's the same as offroading!)
motorocks 09.jpg

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like to roam the occasional gravel road and/or construction site, wearing nothing more than Michelin Road 5s and an aluminum skid plate. On the bike, that is.

I've often wondered why more MTs aren't modified for mild dual-purpose use. Ténéré 900 anyone?

·
Super Moderator
4,227 Posts
Don't forget we had a guy here that raised his bike with fork and shock mods. If memory serves me, he did a two up tour of either the Continental Divide Trail, or the TransAmerica Trail.

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
345 Posts
The new house I'm moving to is giving me some thoughts about how to make my bike a little bit more trail-worthy. The highway between my house is epic twisties, but the minor roadways off of it are mostly gravel roads.

·
Registered
59 Posts
As the title says I am wanting to do a mild conversion of my 2016 Fz-09 to a dual Sport. I am going If start riding more gravel roads and am looking for appropriate tires. I have been looking at the shinko 704. my issue that I see is the Rim is 180 and the widest they make is 170. I have never went smaller than what comes stock on any kind of tire change. I've always went up. has anyone had expience with this? and before it gets brought up, I know there are manufactures that make 180 but Im not looking to spend $200.
Yamaha has raised the bar higher EVERYWHERE but here in the USA. They’ve introduced the MT09 Touring Edition. It is same motor but geared differently and has some plastic garbage on it. The French (naturally) get to test it out first!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yamaha has raised the bar higher EVERYWHERE but here in the USA. They’ve introduced the MT09 Touring Edition. It is same motor but geared differently and has some plastic garbage on it. The French (naturally) get to test it out first!
Do you have any info on this? Google results show nothing. How is it different than the Tracer 900 GT?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Do you have any info on this? Google results show nothing. How is it different than the Tracer 900 GT?
I saw this information on the touring model on YouTube so if you go to YouTube you’ll find it and it shows three Frenchy fags riding the bike around quite gay racing a F-car on a dirt French type bull ring!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts