·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my take on the driving modes:
A=Awesome, Adventurous, Advanced
STD=Steroids, Super, Special
B= Beginner, Basic, Boring

So I rode the first day in B mode, played with STD, and A mode today, all I can say is OMG :headbang:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Just master A mode FTW. I had to ride home from work during a heavy rain yesterday, B mode was fine until I hit the freeway and I had to ask where the bike's balls were..

Popped it back into A mode and had to let the poor traction freeway rain take hold of me..

Reactions: kendawg

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sometimes I like B-mode because I can go near wide open throttle without fear of the inadvertent wheelie

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
More often than not I use B Mode......Then again, my middle name is Alice:p

j/k

·
Registered
673 Posts

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
I havent gotten the chance to mess with A mode yet. B Mode is a touch too subdued for my liking, but will come in handy during the rare rainy day in Vegas. I shall save A mode for when I get away from the city. Std is good for my commute on the city streets down to the strip. 2nd day on the bike. Very happy so far!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
B - Mode is good for those early mornings, in the early spring when the pavement is cold and it takes a while for your tires to warm up. And when I am cool out, I mean just barely above freezing. I'd rather take it easy in B-Mode than chance testing out my frame, case and axle sliders, lol.

·
Registered
188 Posts
.. hang on. . Let me rephrase. ..

A - Man mode!
STD - metrosexual mode!
B - maiden auntie mode!

;) ;) ;)

Reactions: MaxTorque09

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have found lately that my b mode is Jerky (bike has been flashed also). .so even in rain I find I'm leaving it in std mode..and to the point where I can see a definite difference with slow speed work.eg my work car park. .on off in std is wayy smoother than b mode.

·
Registered
121 Posts
A mode = Attack
STD mode = STill Deadly
B mode = Bummer it's raining...

I find myself puttering around in "B" mode but soon give that up and play between "STD" and "A" modes, you can still get yourself into trouble in "B" mode... just not as quickly ;)

I love how she demands respect in "A" mode, damn does that motor come alive!!!

The three modes are different enough to give you the impression you got 3 bikes for the price of 1 !!! :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have found lately that my b mode is Jerky (bike has been flashed also). .so even in rain I find I'm leaving it in std mode..and to the point where I can see a definite difference with slow speed work.eg my work car park. .on off in std is wayy smoother than b mode.
B mode has some serious injector cut from what I've read, definitely gives the impression of jerkiness if you're not expecting heavy engine braking. Not sure about those guys that eliminated it in the flashed ECU.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Prior to getting the ECU flashed I rode primarily in B mode because 80% of my riding is in the urban cityscape where the jerky lower rpm throttle response in stock form was a huge issue because you never got the chance to get it to higher rpm anyway. Now that I've had the flash done by Dave I use A mode almost exclusively even in congested traffic.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts