Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at some D3's but they seem to have very mixed reviews and some installation issues. Can anybody share their firsthand experiences with them on FZ please ?

Thanks,Pete

·
Registered
314 Posts
I used them on my R6. They were a little more difficult to install compared to normal grips. Mostly because of the metal collars. The grips feel good and comfortable. They wear very VERY fast. Worst waste of money on my r6. They get sticky and Idk what else to say about them. They look great though. Still don't recommend them. Unless they changed between now and then.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I used them on my R6. They were a little more difficult to install compared to normal grips. Mostly because of the metal collars. The grips feel good and comfortable. They wear very VERY fast. Worst waste of money on my r6. They get sticky and Idk what else to say about them. They look great though. Still don't recommend them. Unless they changed between now and then.
Hit the nail right on the head. Every word is 100% my experience as well.

2008FZ6/2014FZ09

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bummer I thought the gold ones would be sweet matching the forks. Thanks for sharing guys guess I'll try to decide which Progrips I like and save some $$.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those were my second choice.....

·
Registered
369 Posts
Bummer I thought the gold ones would be sweet matching the forks. Thanks for sharing guys guess I'll try to decide which Progrips I like and save some $$.
Also the gold isnt really a good match. I had to return them.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just installed some ProGrips last night; super easy install and they feel amazing! They're really cheap, too! Highly recommended.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those Axis look great. I've lost count how many rubber grips I've done over decades, were they a pretty easy install or ?

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have the Axis grips, hand them for about 1000 miles. Still like new, very easy to install.

·
Registered
833 Posts
^^^^nevermind, I realize those are the Pro Taper bars.:D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I've got them on my K75s and ran them on my 900F good grips ! I think I'm going to go with some black D-Axis. Will I need glue ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts